News   May 17, 2024
 129     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 607     1 
News   May 16, 2024
 850     1 

TTC: Easier Access Phase III

Point of questions, does Warden have more bus routes than Victoria Park??

From what I recall from my few times using Warden buses it was about the same as VP and if so, the VP plan will work here with a few routes rider taking a longer walk to/from the stops than the current plan. It would also allow more land for housing.

Again, TTC and the city are missing an opportune of building over the subway and station to create even more housing and transit riders.

Point of questions, does Warden have more bus routes than Victoria Park??

From what I recall from my few times using Warden buses it was about the same as VP and if so, the VP plan will work here with a few routes rider taking a longer walk to/from the stops than the current plan. It would also allow more land for housing.

Again, TTC and the city are missing an opportune of building over the subway and station to create even more housing and transit riders.
According to the TTC website, currently VP has 3 regular bus routes (plus 1 community, and 1 cancelled express) and Warden has 9.

According to the TTC website, currently VP has 3 regular bus routes (plus 1 community, and 1 cancelled express) and Warden has 9.

What they need is an island platform similar to that at Don Mills. It has a similar number of routes and works better.

I find that VP is very narrow. When you have enough buses a bottleneck forms. Even now at Warden it is not uncommon to have 2 or 3 buses in the bay at the same time. This morning there was 3 Birchmount buses in the station (2 in the bay and 1 behind the other two in the roadway) to put that into perspective.

Chester's second entrance is now open.

1619220236713.png

That's actually pretty nice from the TTC.
It is. The only problem is, that it's right across the very quiet street from the existing entrance. It certainly meets the fire requirements for which is its primary purpose, but an entrance on another street would have been nice - if only closer to Carrot Common.

Last edited:
Keele is an abomination.

Why do you feel that way?

I mean the colour is a tad garish. Its not what I would do on a new build.

But I understand they're trying to bring some warmth and energy to a giant, grey, bunker.

In light of that, I don't mind it.

Though I think they probably shouldn't have done the bus platform ceiling in the blue. That was a step too far.

Why do you feel that way?

I mean the colour is a tad garish. Its not what I would do on a new build.

But I understand they're trying to bring some warmth and energy to a giant, grey, bunker.

In light of that, I don't mind it.

Though I think they probably shouldn't have done the bus platform ceiling in the blue. That was a step too far.
I mean baby blue should never be used in architecture in general if you ask me, but especially not on an addition to a brutalist structure.

It would be an ugly structure if it was a freestanding building - being attached to an established structure which uses concrete as it's primary form of expression, it's an abomination. It goes further than not referencing the existing structure by just straight up trying to do the exact opposite.

A more appropriate solution would likely have been to either do something with a lot of translucent or gray glass and spandrel panels, trying to minimize it's visual impact, or to use precast to achieve a similar visual style to the original structure. Certainly no primary colours. Right now it's screaming "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" and just totally clashing with everything about the existing station.

Back