News   Jul 16, 2024
 444     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 552     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Toronto's own Monopoly spot

that's because I tipped them :))

I'm ashamed of those naysayers who hate Toronto - if you really do not like it just leave it and move to NYC or any other 'better' place...

Bad news for anyone hoping for a board looks somewhat realistic:
from the Terms and Conditions:
A list of the 20 pre-selected cities and the 20 wildcard city nominations with the highest number of valid votes will be posted on a leader board on the website. The leader board for the top 20 pre-selected cities will be available until the 21st of February 2008. The leader board for the top 20 wildcard cities will be available until the 5th of March 2008. The city with the most votes will be listed as the most valuable property on the board (one of the dark blue spaces), the city with the second-highest amount of votes will be assigned the second-most valuable property, and so on.
I suppose strategic voting is the only way to go.

I totally agree with you. It would be better for Montreal to have a high non-blue spot. Although I think only NY, London, HK, or Tokyo are worth of Boardwalk and Parkplace. Maybe Paris, Rome or Shanghai for Parkplace but only because of historical importance.
Paris is more important than Hong Kong, imo. Skyscrapers don't mean everything.

Montreal is currently 1st!!!!!

Are those Montrealers only voting for Montreal and a couple others?

But remember that you can vote daily for multiple cities. Maybe lots of the people who are there daily to vote primarily for another city, are also adding Montreal to their lists. It's not an outlandish idea -- people in many places love Montreal, including Toronto. Whereas, speaking as an ex-Montrealer, there is zero chance very many Montrealers would be including Toronto in their top cities list!

I always wonder why Toronto is so much hated in Canada

and even more - many Torontonians seems to hate it even more...

If you look at numbers 14-16 you'll notice all three have 2.2% of the vote. It's really close so a few extra votes could easily move one city up quickly.

I wonder how they did it... some major buzz in papers and TV???
Apparently the Montreal media hasn't jumped on it at all. Therefore, I'm left with visions of some kid in Laval creating 20 Hotmail addresses an hour and voting for Montreal the same number of times.

There's a similar kid in Burnaby too, but he has two friends.

if it's true that Montreal media haven't yet written anything

so really it is something great, that they do get so many votes!

the spirit of community has to be really very strong in Montreal!

Lets go Torontonians we've moved to 15. Everyone needs to vote so we can get in that top 10!!

Paris is more important than Hong Kong, imo. Skyscrapers don't mean everything.
I'm not just taking skyscrapers into account. I'm also thinking about financial, social, transit and overall influence on other cities. Paris, imo, is overrated-- don't get me wrong, I like Paris a lot, but I don't think it's even in the top 5 anymore. I wouldn't be too disappointed if Paris was Boardwalk though--Montreal on the other hand... arggg. So wrong. Montreal would be in my personal top 20 favorite cities but whoever this (very large) group of people are who is voting for Montreal but not NY, Paris, London, etc. are brainwashed insular idiots.
(Ok, deep breath, it's just a stupid game. God damn-it, Hasbro is winning!)

Back