News   Jun 07, 2024
 2K     0 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 4.2K     8 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 2.8K     3 

Toronto's own Monopoly spot

Oh and mathmatically, the red squares are the most coveted as they are the ones people land on the most.

We are currently on for a light blue square.

It's actually quite amazing that all 3 Canadian cities are on there currently.
Gotta keep it up.

We're up to the lowest purple spot...Queenstown NZ came out of nowhere yesterday to rocket up the rankings (pretty impressive for a city with a permanent population of 20,000) and push us down a spot, but we've recovered and we're still rising (although still behind Queenstown).

I'm a little shocked that there are three Canadian cities on the list and that Vancouver is currently number 10 (ahead of such luminaries as Athens, Madrid, Amsterdam, and Berlin). I guess we're helped by the fact that the website is in English and Canada has (I think) a generally higher percentage of people with high-speed internet connections than other countries (the website can be frustratingly slow at times).

^
There's multiple languages by choosing "select your country". So I don't think english is an issue. I would think a bigger issue is mass communication. The Post wrote up something in Vancouver which I think is the reason they're doing well. Since this post and the Facebook group has been up Toronto is doing better. I'm guessing no one in Chicago has heard about it (and hopefully it stay that way). All of a sudden Shanghai is on a tear--I'm guessing the press over there picked it up (probably big news for one of the papers).
I think what would really put Toronto over is if the Media picked it up: Star, Now, Eye, Metro (that would be huge!), and maybe some TV such at CP24 putting it on loop. A friend of mine recommended contacting City Hall but that would depress me if they were too interested; I would hope they have better things to do.

Toronto is starting to slip. Montreal is in 4th anyone else find that really embarrassing for that city? Like come one it's a great place but it's on the verge of passing New York and London clearly it's not at that level.

Toronto is starting to slip. Montreal is in 4th anyone else find that really embarrassing for that city? Like come one it's a great place but it's on the verge of passing New York and London clearly it's not at that level.

That's what happens when you let the public decide based on misplaced patriotism.

In full honesty what they should have done for the vote was have choices for each and every spot based on an educated and farily impartial panel. That way you would have a good representation of the world for Monopoly.

That's what happens when you let the public decide based on misplaced patriotism.

In full honesty what they should have done for the vote was have choices for each and every spot based on an educated and farily impartial panel. That way you would have a good representation of the world for Monopoly.

Or they could simply accept the 20 most popular cities and arrange based on real world real estate data.

Back