Toronto Yorkdale Shopping Centre | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

The existing multi level above ground gargage. Are they adding more levels up top? There's a lot of stuff on it.

The Upper deck of the existing parking structure is being used as a storage area for fly forms and other material. Block off to the public

About 60 photos from Nov 23 shooting are on line now
15684146138_2192257467_b.jpg

15252006453_c6e722ddcc_b.jpg

15685859817_fb6b73e1cf_b.jpg

15870978412_e6e4b77c4e_b.jpg

15251975503_1c6237b7c1_b.jpg

So where are commuters who use to park and take subway to work doing now? Even over on Wilson, there has been 2 parking lots sold for condo development. It would be interesting to see what those commuters are doing now. Have they given up the car to get to work and rely solely on transit?

As someone who frequently parked at Wilson or Yorkdale in the past, I can say with extreme likelihood that those who can't reliably find parking have doubled-down on driving to work and are relying solely on their cars.

Last edited:
As someone who frequently parked at Wilson or Yorkdale in the past, I can say with extreme likelihood that those who can't reliably find parking have doubled-down on driving to work and are relying solely on their cars.

Well I will only assume that Yorkdale will either not renew their TTC parking lot lease or will be charging per hour parking everywhere in the mall in the future. Either there will be no parking for commuters or you will pay a good amount for it. Truthfully I think that's the right decision for Yorkdale as they need to keep parking available for actual shoppers.

When the TTC lot closed, it was said that it would reopen once the expansion is complete. There's a lot more parking coming underneath the expansion to serve shoppers.

Tried to park at Yorkdale on Saturday and ended-up leaving. It really is a mess, but I do blame myself for not taking TTC all the same.

I can see Yorkdale, a la Los Angeles, being the first Toronto shopping centre to charge for parking. And I can see this happening sooner than later.

When the TTC lot closed, it was said that it would reopen once the expansion is complete. There's a lot more parking coming underneath the expansion to serve shoppers.

I believe the lease is until 2020. We shouldn't assume that the lease will be renewed.

Tried to park at Yorkdale on Saturday and ended-up leaving. It really is a mess, but I do blame myself for not taking TTC all the same.

I can see Yorkdale, a la Los Angeles, being the first Toronto shopping centre to charge for parking. And I can see this happening sooner than later.

This is the kind of thing I find bizarre. You abandoned your shopping trip because you couldn't find a parking spot.....IN A 7000+ SPACE PARKING LOT!!!

ha ha ha You do know they have valet parking...right? Oh...but that's not "free"

Allowing "free" parking is why Toronto is still small time.
Legislating minimum parking spaces is why Toronto is still small time.

Michael Noble, a planner with City of Toronto, City Planning Division who has handled Yorkdale’s recent expansion proposals, said that the mall may expand within “fairly permissive” limits. It may reach up to three storeys in height, but must retain at least one parking space for every 20 square metres of gross leasable floor area.

Toronto...you are dumb in many other ways than just voting in moronic mayors.

This is the kind of thing I find bizarre. You abandoned your shopping trip because you couldn't find a parking spot.....IN A 7000+ SPACE PARKING LOT!!!

ha ha ha You do know they have valet parking...right? Oh...but that's not "free".
The underground parking is great. There are always spots. The problem is the Yorkdale road which goes to the underground parking is always insanely busy because other drivers are trying to get there as well. I am sure the new nordstrom underground parking will help because it will be accessed at a different side of the mall. As for the valet parking. Its great that it's there but it's at a crappy location traffic wise.

Toronto is small time because people believe it's small time, due to stupid issues like their being too much parking at a mall.

You're right....smart planning involves every building surrounded by an equally sized surface parking lot. If only downtown were like that, we would be like........Dallas!!!!

Hey...I heard a rumour that the City was going to make CF pay to have Michael Haydon reinstall his neon sculpture back in the subway station (in LED this time).

You're right....smart planning involves every building surrounded by an equally sized surface parking lot. If only downtown were like that, we would be like........Dallas!!!!

If only we could have everything thought out in such black and white terms, then we'd be in the big leagues.
Suburban malls who's cliental primarily drive in from the surrounding area, could benefit from those customers not coming to their mall!!!!

Hey...I heard a rumour that the City was going to make CF pay to have Michael Haydon reinstall his neon sculpture back in the subway station (in LED this time).

If that happened, it would be fantastic! I've wanted that to happen for a long time.

JasonParis, I've done the same thing (gone past Yorkdale on a weekend, found no parking and left). I'm not a mall person but I actually like Yorkdale as malls go. I don't make the mistake of trying to go there on weekends any more.

Back