Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

BTW, you can some MT weekday ridership figures from 2006 here:
http://www.jpint.utoronto.ca/PDF/tts_seminar2006.pdf

1 Dundas - 15,769 (approx.)
201 Express - not shown (was 3,791 in 2001)

VIVA Blue - 15,962
99 Yonge South - 3,436

So if the 201's ridership has not dropped (and I doubt that it has) then the 1/201 combined would indeed have higher ridership VIVA Blue/99 combined.

Other YRT ridership (from YRT site)

2 Milliken - 2,373

5 Clark - 1,906

88 Bathurst - 2,376

91 Bayview: 3,842

VIVA Purple - 7,262
VIVA Pink - 2,285
1 Highway 7 - 2,294

VIVA Orange - 2,293
77 - Highway 7-Centre - 2,752

---

Other MT ridership

3 Bloor - 8,173

26 Burnhamthorpe - 11,827
206 Express - not shown (was 3,094 in 2001)

20 Rathburn - not shown

19 Hurontario - 23,269
202 Express - not shown

5 Dixie - 8,846

Confused ...

Viva Blue is what exactly?

The entire stretch from newmarket to Finch. Doesn't that figure seem off I thought it would be WAY higher then that, I mean Finch West is over 40,000!. Viva Blue always seems crowed to me, and the service is what? Every 10min with 2 buses I think?

Something seems off or is it just me?

BTW, you can some MT weekday ridership figures from 2006 here:
http://www.jpint.utoronto.ca/PDF/tts_seminar2006.pdf

1 Dundas - 15,769 (approx.)
201 Express - not shown (was 3,791 in 2001)

VIVA Blue - 15,962
99 Yonge South - 3,436

So if the 201's ridership has not dropped (and I doubt that it has) then the 1/201 combined would indeed have higher ridership VIVA Blue/99 combined.

Other YRT ridership (from YRT site)

2 Milliken - 2,373

5 Clark - 1,906

88 Bathurst - 2,376

91 Bayview: 3,842

VIVA Purple - 7,262
VIVA Pink - 2,285
1 Highway 7 - 2,294

VIVA Orange - 2,293
77 - Highway 7-Centre - 2,752

---

Other MT ridership

3 Bloor - 8,173

26 Burnhamthorpe - 11,827
202 Express - not shown (was 3,094 in 2001)

20 Rathburn - not shown

19 Hurontario - 23,269
202 Express - not shown

5 Dixie - 8,846

16,000 will seem incredibly busy if almost all of them are going straight to the subway. Another route may have identical or even smaller peak loads but if riders are using the route in both directions and getting on and off all over the place, it may have far higher total ridership. Which one is busier?

makes sense! still thought it would be higher.

Any idea the # from 07/08? or even in the past.

Underground bus terminal @ Steeles? Are they serious?

Unless it forces the tracks to a sub-mezzanine/bus terminal depth, being underground isn't the problem...the 28 proposed bays are the problem. And I can't believe they might put Cummer a few blocks north of Cummer because some schmuck thinks it'd be too close to Finch - the stations would be a full 600m apart! Also hilarious: the 28 proposed bus bays for Richmond Hill Centre station. Also also hilarious: the bridge is threatened by the Ladies Golf Course driveway...they can't possibly punch a hole in the fence off Lombardy Lane to create another entrance, or buy a house and punch it through there...nope, there aren't enough billion$ in the world to do that.

Confused ...

Viva Blue is what exactly?

The entire stretch from newmarket to Finch. Doesn't that figure seem off I thought it would be WAY higher then that, I mean Finch West is over 40,000!. Viva Blue always seems crowed to me, and the service is what? Every 10min with 2 buses I think?

Something seems off or is it just me?

Numbers are official counts from the agencies themselves. The YRT stats come directly from the YRT website.

Keep in mind that in 2004, before VIVA, the Yonge 'C' had around 7,700 riders while the Newmarket 'B' had around 3,300, if I remember correctly. So VIVA Blue by itself having 16,000 riders per weekday in 2006 is an impressive increase for just two years. Overall ridership on Yonge has almost doubled in just two years.

Also hilarious: the bridge is threatened by the Ladies Golf Course driveway

Actually, what is the exact proposal for the bridge? I read that Yonge St. is supposed to be raised and the subway built under it.

EnviroTO Protecting for an extention past Highway 7? Keep dreaming York Region.

This is rather theoretical, but if the line reached Major Mack, where would the terminal go? There's a steep hill on the south side and I can't see a terminal being built in RH village.

Some people were asking for info on the Langstaff development plans - this article spells out a lot of it.

http://www.yorkregion.com/article/80731

And, in response to Transport fan, the bridge details aren't worked out. The length of the span, for example, is not finalized but would probably stretch over the whole valley, from where Starbucks is to the country club entrance, roughly. They want it to have a heritage-style design, as opposed to something like the Humber bridge.

The subway would run on the bridge's underside (enclosed or not has not been determined) and the valley below would be naturalized.

And as for Major Mac, that steep hill is all owned by the town and is a probable site for their new town hall. I'm sure they'd be only too happy to dig a little deeper for an attached subway station but clearly that is years away...

Smuncky - I'll probably figure this out in 5 mins but what the heck is a PPUDO facility?
i had to google it as well when i first read it.

it's short for passenger pick-up and drop-off

Back