Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

It looks like the cladding for the entire third floor will be mostly completed by the end of today.

As for the colour panels, I spoke to the sales office and was told they are an important element in the design and are going up as planned.

Which is good news as I think the subtle colours will really make this building standout, even more than it already will.

As for the colour panels, I spoke to the sales office and was told they are an important element in the design and are going up as planned.

Which is good news as I think the subtle colours will really make this building standout, even more than it already will.

That's good to know and I agree.

June 1 Update

As indicated, most of the 3rd level is complete. Also, glass has been installed today into many of the window frames.
In the 4th and 5th photo you can see how the balconies will be handled on the south side (the side facing Charles Street). In photos 2 and 3 (facing Jarvis) you can see the framing of where a balcony will be on the east side, probably by tomorrow.
It's hard to see where operational windows will be, perhaps they're just very discrete.
Be sure to enlarge the photos to full size!

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

If you look closely, you can see that the colored panels have made an appearance. There seems to be a blue one on the front and a red on on the back.

Thanks for the update!

Well, I guess those last 2 pictures settle the debate on whether or not the bits of colour will be on the building.

This tower is looking fantastic!

The blue panels look good!!! At first I just saw the red and was unsure but I do like the concept quite a bit more now with the multiple colours. :)

If you look closely, you can see that the colored panels have made an appearance. There seems to be a blue one on the front and a red on on the back.

Excellent observations. I missed those, but I didn't have my specs. on today as it was raining a bit when I left to walk the dog :rolleyes:

wow its looking great and i think the coloured panels are gonna be the iceing on the cake for this one

Absolutely!!!!

Last edited:
Looking at the floor numbers on the construction elevator off Jarvis (floors 7 and 8 are the only ones numbered), it appears that they are considering the double sized lobby to be floors 1 and 2. The first cladded section to be floor 3, and the recently cladded third level to be floor 4. Don't know if this is how it will actually turn out, but these are the floor numbers that the contruction crew are using. That means they are currently working on the 15th floor.

Panels and Pictures

Well , I must say thank you to DT Toronto Geek for the Xcellent photos! We went by on Sunday and they were not even close to this..this is moving along quickly! And WeirdFishes you are absolutely right..thank you for confirming..of course the colour panels are going in as originally planned by the architect over 3 years ago..as you say..an important element in the design of the building and a stirking one at that.

Now that we know that the lobby is considered the first and second floor, the 4th floor cladding is now complete. They are prepping the concrete slabs so presuming the materials are on site, the 5th floor cladding should begin going up tomorrow. Finally, the 16th floor (not counting the 13th) is nearing completion.

Talk about efficient!

Now that we know that the lobby is considered the first and second floor, the 4th floor cladding is now complete. They are prepping the concrete slabs so presuming the materials are on site, the 5th floor cladding should begin going up tomorrow. Finally, the 16th floor (not counting the 13th) is nearing completion.

Talk about efficient!

There is an actual 13th floor so their technically on the 15th floor.

Only 29 more floors to go. This should top out by the end of fall

Back