Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Back when the Toronto Museum was discussed (in that thread) the idea was that the silos would be spared, but the buildings beside them would not be. They are connected to the silos.

A few pictures from March 8, 2009

Took a few pictures this morning. Phase 2 is just about up to ground level. You can see the entrance to the parking levels in one of the pictures.

Attachments

• WHC1 March 8.jpg
    WHC1 March 8.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 228
  • WHC1 Tiers March 8.jpg
    WHC1 Tiers March 8.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 222
  • WHC2 March 8.jpg
    WHC2 March 8.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 210
  • WHC2 Parking Entrance.jpg
    WHC2 Parking Entrance.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 206
March 7 2009 update

WHC on this past rainy wet Saturday ...

IMG_3476-1.jpg

WHC Phase 1

I guess after seeing all these pics of WHC, is it safe to assume that the lower levels will be moving in November 30, 2009, without further delays? It looks to be on a good pace, and unless something unforseen comes up (*knock on wood*), we should be ready to go, right?
A couple of questions, if somebody can help out.

1. Could I refuse to move in until November 30 if the building was finished before the new revised finish date? For example, if they finish ahead of the revised time and they came to me and said we want you to move in in Oct, could I say No, I'm waiting until November?

2. Any ideas of how the value of this property stands in today's current market? I don't want to be in the building too long after I move in, as my plans have changed and I will likely sell shortly after moving in.

Thank you,

Jack

welcome to UT jacek.mazurek ~

1. if you refer to your Agreement of Purchase & Sale, you will probably see a clause which states '...builder has the right to delay or advance occupany date with ___ days notice...', in short that means the purchaser HAS TO take occupancy of the unit when Plazacorp saids so ... you may choose to not physically move in, but you will have to start paying occupancy fees (aka 'rent')
  2. discussions on pricing in not appropriate for this thread, your best bet is to go talk to a real estate agent about resale pricing to get a realistic view (which is probably not pretty)

3rd change in date

Is there not some kind of penalty for a 3rd change in date? Could one not argue that rent agreements have been signed and will cost me money to get out of?
Does anybody potentially see it happeneing where the building will be ready before November or is that not likely?

Jack

welcome to UT jacek.mazurek ~

1. if you refer to your Agreement of Purchase & Sale, you will probably see a clause which states '...builder has the right to delay or advance occupany date with ___ days notice...', in short that means the purchaser HAS TO take occupancy of the unit when Plazacorp saids so ... you may choose to not physically move in, but you will have to start paying occupancy fees (aka 'rent')
  2. discussions on pricing in not appropriate for this thread, your best bet is to go talk to a real estate agent about resale pricing to get a realistic view (which is probably not pretty)

Last edited:
This would be my 3rd favourite condo project in the city right now. (After Casa and London on the Esplanade).

It's not the best tower out there, but it does a good job of mixing up the style in the area. I know this entire neighbourhood is being developed at the same time, but it doesn't have to look that way, like CityPlace does.

The variety it provides, alone, gives it a full grade point in my books.

Back