Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Yes there is. Render below.

westharbourcity.jpg

It's looking a little lonely over there. It will add a good diversity to all the glass cityplace towers.

From today:

3330113732_21dcfed6f9_b.jpg

Let's hope Uptown turns out as well as WHC is shaping up.

I'm glad that there's a general consensus on UT that this is at 'good' building. I'd had to see it trashed because of its design. It's not my cup of tea but it has been pulled off well.

I like this building a lot.

I don't understand your criticism of this building as you so eloquently put it "Poo"...Really, that was the best you could come up with?? Sad...perhaps some further education should be in your future?

CityLover I agree with your comments.

If someone does not like a building I would like to hear the reasons why, perhaps make reference to another building that did it better or more effectively, etc. I enjoy reading these explanations because I do not have any architetural training and would like to be enlightened on the subject.

Saying something sucks or something is garbage without any explanation really doesn't enlighten anyone and does not add to this forum in any positive way.

Now and then, urbandreamer seems to get stuck in an anal stage when it comes to his architectural opinions.

WHC is looking pretty good. It'll be nice to see what the area looks like once it's built up. The nearby park should be a nice touch, too.

On a side note, though you can't see them in the posted photo above, the nearby silos are slated to disappear. Apparently a recent city study concludes that they should be taken down.

Okay, so my thoughts are of poo lately...must be that Mt Sinai hospital bed I'm still having nightmares about....:(

Perhaps this is a better way to put it: WHC is to Murano what moissanite is to diamonds. While they may both be tall and slim, only one knows how to dress.:)

IMO ... WHC is a great looking building, while not designed/built using glass+steel like most new buildings (which many on UT loves), the precast, detailing, and terracing built form gives it unique architecture that will make it an identifiable landmark in the Fort York Neighbourhood

On a side note, though you can't see them in the posted photo above, the nearby silos are slated to disappear. Apparently a recent city study concludes that they should be taken down.

Are those the silos at the foot of Bathurst? Is there a thread on this?

No way, Not the former Canada Malting Plant. It was designated a heritage site by the city of Toronto.
There has been so many dreams to turn it into a Music Hall, Arts Centre a Museum etc. If thats the building it would be a shame.

20090126_canada_malting_co_limited_.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Malting_Silos

Back