Toronto Victory Condos | ?m | 12s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Yeah, I'm glad for the switch to bricks. That steel looks really unfinished, as if they forgot to clad the outside wall.

^Never...ever believe anything a sales rep tells you! The building is okay, but frankly just down the street FashionHouse is even sexier and is the better buy. (Hostel right next door to Victory is annoying--kids are loud and drunk all night.) A more reasonable move in date would be April 2011.

2010 closing date..thats almost impossible..most projects takes at least 2 1/2 years...I can think of only 8 projects that came in on time or earlier..most are at least 5 months behind.

Yeah, yeah.. Give the original rendering a glowing lobby and more happy renderpeople and everyone will say the original looks 10 times better.

Naw, it's actually the bands of brick, which totally give this design coherence-- that's what makes the new rendering better.

I don't have to agree with you ya know ;)

30 June 2008 update

Hey, noticed tonight: Mini parking lot is gone, what's the trailer for?

(Construction to begin soon?)

DSC07356.jpg

^^^ Yeesh, what an asinine question.

Yeah, I'm glad for the switch to bricks. That steel looks really unfinished, as if they forgot to clad the outside wall.

I think adds modern elegance to the building. Here's the Page & Steele retrofit of the old Unity Life building at 112 St. Clair with similar frame-like balconies:

condosimg2su0.jpg

It's not going to be much fun trying to leave that King St.-facing garage on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.

Are those town homes that are going to face onto the back of the Mini dealership?

It appears that this building is going to be wedged between existing structures with the minimum of room between them.

Back