Toronto Victory Condos | ?m | 12s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

2788199093_31b8e84619.jpg
2789049388_c09ed81f3e.jpg

Yup... south facing units in the west wing is literally 'wedged in' (featured on 1st photo) ... in effect if you are on the 5th floor or lower in that section of the building .... you get to look at MINI ~ (seen above) ... that's why the building amenities are located in this area on the second floor, but I am not familiar with the 'townhouses'

Similar problem for some north facing unit which looks right into the south wall of QUAD2 (as shown in centre of 2nd photo)

I don't get how anyone would buy a unit that would face the back of a building....bad view and no sun!!

Well, some people (like myself) can't be in the sun long without getting very sick, and most Toronto views aren't worth having! (I mean, do owners of rowhouses in the Annex worry about their "view?")

In by sun, I mean natural light coming into your condo or house. And lets say you live in a rowhouse in the annex, your not staring at a brick wall....you have a front lawn, some trees, a backyard. Obviously its not the same thing but thats a difference between living in a house and condo living.

retail seems like the logical answer, with the amenities section of the condo being in the mainly covered section above that.

retail in the courtyard? I doubt that would do well considering this space will be hidden entirely from King Street (Mini blocks it all up), and you can't possibly make THAT much business out of residents only from the condo (given its not a huge building) ...

For purchasers in this building, a valid question to ask your builder would be "what are the plans for ground floor units facing the courtyard?"

In all honesty, would you buy a unit facing the interior courtyard if you knew there was going to be a wine bar built several feet from your balcony. It doesn't make a great selling feature for most prospective buyers.

I would. People (women) who tend to frequent wine bars are attractive.:) I get bored very easily, staring at ugly buildings (like Quad Lofts across the courtyard from Victory) or empty spaces.

You never know: I could end up meeting my future wife at the wine bar "downstairs."

Back