Toronto Victory Condos | ?m | 12s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Isn't there going to be an LCBO in Montage/Neo? I live at King and Spadina, and I'm really looking forward to the Sobeys down there. It's not far at all, and it's easy to get to.

"The mini dealership is losing its lot and entrance to the rear of the showroom which means they are leaving. They are building a new 3 or 4 story showroom next to the BMW Toronto dealership."

My bad...thanks for the scoop Jay.

Too bad the mini dealership is leaving. It kinda fit in the neighbourhood in its own, unique way (though I won't be sorry to see the lot filled in).

BLVD has started selling Victory (478 King W). There was a red carpet event today for VIP brokers. The floorplans are ridiculously tight and stretch the definition of suite descriptions eg. the "Augusta", 825ft2, TWO BEDROOM AND STUDY. It's probably closer to Manhattan than typical toronto space. The hottest floor plan that sold out immediately was the 360ft2 studios with terrace at $179k. So predictable.

They also changed the King St W facade. The previous version had more industrial rail balconies. Now, less balconies, less edgy, more conservative design and therefore more interior floor space to sell at post 1BE prices. A few dark bands of brick have been added. I will hunt down sources from the hood to see if I can pick up a new rendering to post.

If someone can post some of the floor plans and the price ranges, it would be helpful as I'm interested in picking up a unit here.

Any one know of other projects BLVD has worked on?

The average is $475 per SF, 1 plus den 9th floor facing north with 605 SF plus 135 SF balcony for $286.000. $475 per SF is the average price in this area now, all Freed projects are in that price.

The average is $475 per SF, 1 plus den 9th floor facing north with 605 SF plus 135 SF balcony for $286.000. $475 per SF is the average price in this area now, all Freed projects are in that price.

Note that Mr. Freed was there yesterday at the launch checking out the competition. Hopefully he won't take BLVD's lead and squish all floorplans to death for his next project.

Aw geez... 475 per sqf. Dang.... should have would have could have at 75 Portland down the street!

Well I'll have to take a look at the floor plans. I don't want to be "squished"

Please note that this is not the place to post floor plans. If you want to know what they are like, why aren't you just going to the sales office?

Do you know if this project (Victory Condos) has been already approved by the city?. what do you think about this project compared to Charlies on the east side of Spadina?

The design has been modified (and in my opinion, worsened) from THIS:

2425629997_c2f9459875_o.jpg

to THIS:

2425632065_22b468cae7_o.png

I think it looks cheaper, adding black brick to the front, it's just not as nice in my opinion

Ahh, the good old developer bait and switch. That steel along the front was the only redeeming quality to this condo. It's too bad the city can't seem to hold developers to delivering a quality product especially at such an important location as this. With the street lined with heritage structures, it would be great if the very few development locations where subject to a design review to create structures which are above the generic condo building.

Back