Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

WellI guess I wont be closing October 2024.there has to be somebody who can pushthese guys…re permits, closings. This is a joke

It feels like closing at all will be a blessing lol .. I think the real risk is they just cancel or bankrupt the development

I think we all know what we need to do. We just need to act now.
Got this partial reply from MPP office.
Good Morning,

Please have a look at the reply below from Tarion regarding your inquiry:

Thank you again for reaching out about your constituent’s concerns regarding his purchase of a pre-construction home from Vandyk Properties within the “UPtowns” development project located at 10302 Heart Lake Rd. I have connected with my colleagues in both Underwriting to see if there is any background or insight that I may be able to share about the project.
As shared by Mr. KXXXX, the development project is yet to be completed by the builder/vendor. To confirm, the Tarion New Home Warranty timeline has not started for any units within the development and would begin at the time of occupation of the home by the purchaser. Prior to occupancy of a home, Tarion provides assistance to new home buyers by offering Deposit Protectionin certain cases where a sale is not completed and by providing Delayed Closing Compensation to home buyers who have experienced delays once possession has taken place. Should Mr. KXXX have any questions on Tarion’s role in providing deposit protection in case of a cancelled contract, or in applying for Delayed Closing Compensation after possession has taken place, please let me know and I can assist with arranging for a Tarion representative to contact Mr. KXXX to speak with him directly.
With complaints regarding the Conduct and Competency of a vendor/builder, Mr. KXXX can reached out to the Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) who is responsible for regulating the conduct of new home builders and vendors in the province.

Got this partial reply from MPP office.
Good Morning,

Please have a look at the reply below from Tarion regarding your inquiry:

Thank you again for reaching out about your constituent’s concerns regarding his purchase of a pre-construction home from Vandyk Properties within the “UPtowns” development project located at 10302 Heart Lake Rd. I have connected with my colleagues in both Underwriting to see if there is any background or insight that I may be able to share about the project.
As shared by Mr. KXXXX, the development project is yet to be completed by the builder/vendor. To confirm, the Tarion New Home Warranty timeline has not started for any units within the development and would begin at the time of occupation of the home by the purchaser. Prior to occupancy of a home, Tarion provides assistance to new home buyers by offering Deposit Protectionin certain cases where a sale is not completed and by providing Delayed Closing Compensation to home buyers who have experienced delays once possession has taken place. Should Mr. KXXX have any questions on Tarion’s role in providing deposit protection in case of a cancelled contract, or in applying for Delayed Closing Compensation after possession has taken place, please let me know and I can assist with arranging for a Tarion representative to contact Mr. KXXX to speak with him directly.
With complaints regarding the Conduct and Competency of a vendor/builder, Mr. KXXX can reached out to the Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) who is responsible for regulating the conduct of new home builders and vendors in the province.

It seems government or others can't act before outside occupancy date. By that time, it would be too late. Builders are so much protected in Ontario.

Between I got call from Dominick after my instagram comments. He was saying, he could not provide micro details on construction activity. I asked him why no workers on the site. Now he accepted that no work is going on in the site instead of saying workers are working under somewhere in excavated area. When asked about the reason. He started saying stories like they were in mid of some contract renewal and due to summer holidays it is getting delayed, blah. blah. blah. I could not believe any of their stories.

Bottom line. he told that it would be like that for next 2 month. After that we could start seeing workers at the site. Seriously I am sick of their stories. the way I understand is, now they want me not to post bad about them for next 2 months. But it is not gonna stop me. Keep spreading their reputation. I think, it would make them move.

Last edited:
IMG_7047.jpeg

Back