Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

Bob…..where have you been….lots great info, thanks. I pass by regularly just want to see walls go up, tired of looking at garage floor

Bob…..where have you been….lots great info, thanks. I pass by regularly just want to see walls go up, tired of looking at garage floor
Disappointing that its taking so long though. Would be nice if the builder would invest some time and attention to pay the trades on a regular basis so they show p and continue to make progress. The sooner we part with Vandyk the better.

Disappointing that its taking so long though. Would be nice if the builder would invest some time and attention to pay the trades on a regular basis so they show p and continue to make progress. The sooner we part with Vandyk the better.
Hey Bob .. are you a buyer in this project?

Thanks for all the info Bob!

Do you know anything about their lack/slow approval of permits? I know they need multiple permits to continue building etc? I heard there was an issue with City of Brampton and also the conservation etc.

@Bob Graham thanks for all the knowledge and insight you've shared!

Does anyone how we can get a mass communication going from all the buyers of Vandyk/Uptowns to coordinately (as a group of buyers) to reach out to the City of Brampton, mayor, Tarion, media, etc.. to get things moving along and apply some pressure to Vandyk? Maybe in the form of a petition, or we can share each others' emails and/or phone numbers?

I went in there pretending to be interested in the new project. (About a month ago) They don’t know much about Uptown since the sales rep have changed. It’s like brand new people who have no idea about Vandyks older projects.
The Sales team and the Sales Manager all no longer work from Vandyk. They have either left or been let go. They currently outsource sales to a company called "Bricks and Mortar Realty"
Joanna in the office is the only "Sales" related staff.

Thanks for all the info Bob!

Do you know anything about their lack/slow approval of permits? I know they need multiple permits to continue building etc? I heard there was an issue with City of Brampton and also the conservation etc.
They have all the construction permits to finish the project. The City has released everything. Only permits they require are ones for access around the property and roadworks as they will be on going. Also for any dewatering issues. All that information is open for public access and knowledge. Anyone can contact the City requesting information regarding permit status or site issues.

I drove by the site this morning and there is not much going on or trades on site.
It is really frustrating. I pushed them to provide some tentative dates for next phase. As this was planned for Q2 2023 and we are at Q3 2023. But they could not (or are not willing to) provide any dates or plan for that. It seems like they dont have any plan. They just proceeding the work on their will without any proper plan. I am not sure how many more years they would take to finish this project.

Last edited:
One thing I don't understand. It is not only for uptowns but for all of their project. They might have borrowed some fund for their projects. They would need to pay interest for those fund, i guess. Delaying like this would increase their expenses due to interest payment, wouldn't it? Instead of prolonging the project, why can't they pay the traders. If they finish the projects bit sooner. It would save their expenses in the loan payment. I am not an accountant. But I am trying to understand whey they intentionally delaying the project and is there any cost benefit for them?

One thing I don't understand. It is not only for uptowns but for all of their project. They might have borrowed some fund for their projects. They would need to pay interest for those fund, i guess. Delaying like this would increase their expenses due to interest payment, wouldn't it? Instead of prolonging the project, why can't they pay the traders. If they finish the projects bit sooner. It would save their expenses in the loan payment. I am not an accountant. But I am trying to understand whey they intentionally delaying the project and is there any cost benefit for them?
It kind of looks like Vandyk is out of money

It is really frustrating. I pushed them to provide some tentative dates for next phase. As this was planned for Q2 2023 and we are at Q3 2023. But they could not (or are not willing to) provide any dates or plan for that. It seems like they dont have any plan. They just proceeding the work on their will without any proper plan. I am not sure how many more years they would take to finish this project.
Need to contact Tarion to obtain actual registered closing dates and if they've requested extensions on those dates.

Back