Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

If we all haven’t already, let’s write that negative google review. I’ve also 👍 thumbs up all the 1 star review to get more traction.

Just read one speaking of the Cobourg delays that ended up terminated. Why do I feel this is going to also happen with Uptown

Cancelling a project is quite hard for the builder too after so many years... I think they will definitely try and complete it as it will definitely impact their business image and prevent people from buying from them. They also know if they cancel it, buyers will definitely go on the news to spread awareness about the builder as we know from previous news on other builders. And the builder has spent money on buying the land, paying staff so cancelling will definitely be a financial loss for them. think the ground is definitely a issue but they have made progress. It's not at a fast pace but if they were to cancel they would have done it when they noticed the ground issue. Let's see in few months, how the site looks. The pillars being up is a good sign. Maybe the reviews will help make the process little faster but I don't think they will cancel it now. They have dug up so much and are making progress.... kind of...

Thanks Bob.. for the update.. well negative publicity helps so I have started with the Google reviews.. next Tarion I will call and see..
Cancelling a project is quite hard for the builder too after so many years... I think they will definitely try and complete it as it will definitely impact their business image and prevent people from buying from them. They also know if they cancel it, buyers will definitely go on the news to spread awareness about the builder as we know from previous news on other builders. And the builder has spent money on buying the land, paying staff so cancelling will definitely be a financial loss for them. think the ground is definitely a issue but they have made progress. It's not at a fast pace but if they were to cancel they would have done it when they noticed the ground issue. Let's see in few months, how the site looks. The pillars being up is a good sign. Maybe the reviews will help make the process little faster but I don't think they will cancel it now. They have dug up so much and are making progress.... kind of...
Does anyone have any clue how we can go about contacting the City of Brampton o Patrick Brown o the news?

Hi Bob. This ongoing payment issue is only for uptowns or for all of their projects?
No, this is an issue on all of their projects. Company philosophy to not pay trades on time and or the total amount of their agreed contract. Constant delays on payments and never the amount agreed upon when actually paid. Constant recycling of trades. Richard Ma is the CFO if you need to discuss trade payments, although all payments are first reviewed and signed off by Domenic Zita then brought to John Vandyk for his approval and signature. Nothing gets paid without John signing off. John is aware of all payment and payment issues. Richards contact information is Richard Ma : email rma@vandyk.com cell# 416-729-76797 Work# 905-823-4606 X225.

Joanna replied now with this..
Hello,

You can email our executive VP who overlooks construction for further details and discussion on the construction's progress. His name is Domenic, and you may reach him at dzita@vandyk.com

Kind Regards,
Joanna Xie
SALES COORDINATOR

Bs.. I guess she is just the messenger .. Useless..

No, this is an issue on all of their projects. Company philosophy to not pay trades on time and or the total amount of their agreed contract. Constant delays on payments and never the amount agreed upon when actually paid. Constant recycling of trades. Richard Ma is the CFO if you need to discuss trade payments, although all payments are first reviewed and signed off by Domenic Zita then brought to John Vandyk for his approval and signature. Nothing gets paid without John signing off. John is aware of all payment and payment issues. Richards contact information is Richard Ma : email rma@vandyk.com cell# 416-729-76797 Work# 905-823-4606 X225.
Crap thats their trade mark to not pay or delay payments..

It seems PCL is a renowned construction management company. So let’s hope for the best.
PCL has the same sort of issues as Toddglen. Mostly the issues are not on the Construction Management Group (I.E. Toddglen/PCL), it lye's upon the builder/Developer Vandyk Properties. Their mismanagement and payment of trades/suppliers as well as their high turnover within their head office and site personnel is the real reason the project is delayed and not progressing as it should. Look at the surrounding builders projects (i.e. National Homes) in your area and you will see that they have progressed with minimal delays (covid/city permit review times)

I don’t think, we can do much now. We are stuck with Vandyk. Let’s hope they would finish the project. Thanks @Bob Graham at least we are aware what we are facing.
Due to the financial market change, best to stay in the project as it will be difficult to find properties for the prices paid six years ago. Vandyk would love for you all to leave so they can resell at todays pricing. As mentioned, speaking with Tarion/Local MP/City of Brampton /Newspapers are currently your best options to speed up the process as those entities are the only ones Vandyk answers to.

PCL has the same sort of issues as Toddglen. Mostly the issues are not on the Construction Management Group (I.E. Toddglen/PCL), it lye's upon the builder/Developer Vandyk Properties. Their mismanagement and payment of trades/suppliers as well as their high turnover within their head office and site personnel is the real reason the project is delayed and not progressing as it should. Look at the surrounding builders projects (i.e. National Homes) in your area and you will see that they have progressed with minimal delays (covid/city permit review times)
Yes true other builders are way ahead and completed or completing .. I had the same option to buy from Daniels on Missisauga rd sametime with Vandyk but made wrong choice..
People dont forget to update the Goggle reviews.. Get cracking on it..

Due to the financial market change, best to stay in the project as it will be difficult to find properties for the prices paid six years ago. Vandyk would love for you all to leave so they can resell at todays pricing. As mentioned, speaking with Tarion/Local MP/City of Brampton /Newspapers are currently your best options to speed up the process as those entities are the only ones Vandyk answers to.
Local MP is my next option will be doing that soon..

Crap thats their trade mark to not pay or delay payments..
Sadly yes! Be very observanet on your PDI walks and report everything on your Tarion deficiency forms. Lots of issues in the past on their project with Mechanical systems within units. Speak with the Condo group at their "Crafstman Project"

Sadly yes! Be very observanet on your PDI walks and report everything on your Tarion deficiency forms. Lots of issues in the past on their project with Mechanical systems within units. Speak with the Condo group at their "Crafstman Project"
Hi Bob thanks for the updates.. great insight .. Also what would be examples of the mechanical systems in the units? Heating Air?

I’ve tried Tarion… perhaps I asked the wrong questions, but they told me they won’t (can’t?) actually do anything until you have your keys in your hand.

Soooooo…
Tarion do need to respond to you as individuals regarding closing times and or delays in your projects. Your questions need to focus on those specific areas of concerns. Also the builder are required to notify homeowner's of milestones within the project timeframes. Remember, Tarion is there for you as a homeowner, they are your insurance. They are correct is stating the property is not yours until you receive your keys at closing, but as mentioned they also monitor the closing times and construction project for any delays. Review your rights for monies owed for delays beyond Tarion guidelines. Vandyk has been closing units at their other buildings without countertops due to not paying trades. Tarion allows the builder to provide plywood countertop with a temporary sink if the delay of the installation is beyond their control and they provide a timeline from the trade for the scheduled installation. Be aware that this may be something that awaits most of you. You can also discuss those concerns with Tarion and ask them to be noted in your file as a concern. You each have a Tarion number assigned to your municipal address. I would ask Vandyk to put in writing to all of you that your units upon closing will be completely finished with all countertops, flooring and appliances etc. upon closing. I would guess that they will most likely not supply such a letter or guarantee a completed suite upon closing. If Tarion will not react to your individual concerns, you do have an option to group together with a lawyer and have them send a formal letter to Tarion/Vandyk/City of Mississauga/Local MP voicing your concerns.

Hi Bob thanks for the updates.. great insight .. Also what would be examples of the mechanical systems in the units? Heating Air?
Your units will most likely have a few rental components (I.e. Boiler, Furnace, Hot Water Tank and or Tankless Hot Water Tank , ERV). The issues they have had in the past is the unit installed are lower end units that require constant maintenance by yourselves. The units will be installed during construction and therefore need cleaning along with replacement of filters before closing. Check those and ask that question on your initial PDI's with the builder representative and ask that it be written down on your PDI form as either completed or not completed so that if there is an issue with the mechanical units due to construction it will not fall upon you. Your rental units will be with Enercare as the builder received an approximate rebate for each unit of about $3000 dollars from Enercare for supplying the rental equipment to your unit. as a separate it, before closing also ask the builder/condo group to inform you how long they will guarantee your Condo fees. A lot of time the fees are low ,then after a year or two the condo group raises them substantially to cover "future" maintenance within your condo common elements. Verify your signed agreements for wording regarding Condo fees. May require a review for wording by your individual lawyers. Ask to have your condo fees locked in for an agreed reasonable time frame. Usually 3 to five years would be deemed reasonable as that's when construction component's in the common element areas tend to start deteriorating.

Tarion do need to respond to you as individuals regarding closing times and or delays in your projects. Your questions need to focus on those specific areas of concerns. Also the builder are required to notify homeowner's of milestones within the project timeframes. Remember, Tarion is there for you as a homeowner, they are your insurance. They are correct is stating the property is not yours until you receive your keys at closing, but as mentioned they also monitor the closing times and construction project for any delays. Review your rights for monies owed for delays beyond Tarion guidelines. Vandyk has been closing units at their other buildings without countertops due to not paying trades. Tarion allows the builder to provide plywood countertop with a temporary sink if the delay of the installation is beyond their control and they provide a timeline from the trade for the scheduled installation. Be aware that this may be something that awaits most of you. You can also discuss those concerns with Tarion and ask them to be noted in your file as a concern. You each have a Tarion number assigned to your municipal address. I would ask Vandyk to put in writing to all of you that your units upon closing will be completely finished with all countertops, flooring and appliances etc. upon closing. I would guess that they will most likely not supply such a letter or guarantee a completed suite upon closing. If Tarion will not react to your individual concerns, you do have an option to group together with a lawyer and have them send a formal letter to Tarion/Vandyk/City of Mississauga/Local MP voicing your concerns.
Great info Bob.. we all owe YOU for rhe knowledge ..Few cases of beer?? I am pretty sure many in this group are first-time buyers from a builder including me and never would know what to expect.. , I will definitely take notes .. TIA

Great info Bob.. we all owe YOU for rhe knowledge ..Few cases of beer?? I am pretty sure many in this group are first-time buyers from a builder including me and never would know what to expect.. , I will definitely take notes .. TIA
No worries, ask me anything you like and I'll do my best to help out.

Back