Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

100% the more people emailing and demanding more relevant updated, the more pressure they will have to get to work and give us updates.

The squeaky wheel gets greased.
Their not bothered by your complaints. Contact Tarion and see the number of conciliations Vandyk has with them. Huge issues in Shelburne and Cobourg as well as their building on Erin Mills Parkway beside Giant Tiger. Just talk to the condo board there, that will give you and idea of what to expect.

Their not bothered by your complaints. Contact Tarion and see the number of conciliations Vandyk has with them. Huge issues in Shelburne and Cobourg as well as their building on Erin Mills Parkway beside Giant Tiger. Just talk to the condo board there, that will give you and idea of what to expect.

Bob Graham, who are you? Why are you so informed and knowledgeable? You seem to have spoken more relevance in 1 minute, than this entire thread in 10000 days.

I didn’t receive a reply yet and I emailed last week!

Instead of directing it to Joanna. Is there a regular email we can reach them at?

Bob Graham, who are you? Why are you so informed and knowledgeable? You seem to have spoken more relevance in 1 minute, than this entire thread in 10000 days.
Emails/cell#;
John Vandyk: jvandyk@vandyk.com Cell# 416-938-4440
Domenic Zita: dzita@vandyk.com Cell# 416-938-3938
Johnny Vandyk: johnny@vandyk.com Cell# 647-545-4440

And btw, grateful for your insight!
No worries. Also note that their hired General Construction Management company "Toddglen" was fired from your site and they hired "PCL" to take over from them as they were doing such a horrendous job with your project and so far behind on construction. But ironically they hired the Project Manager from Toddglen directly with Vandyk and he is still running your project. His name is Don Gray.

For whatever it’s worth ………

I spoke with Domenic (VP), he said come August the progression will be a lot more visible and quicker. They held work on the west side, and focusing on the east side, still getting over hurdles regarding the hole and soil. This is the 20% of the work that is taking up 80% of the time. Until the hole and soil has been fully serviced and prepped, and the pillars put up, the more visible work re construction cannot commence. Once this has been done, the construction we want to see happening will begin.

We discussed the construction workers attesting not being paid. He said the workers would not be privy to such information and it makes no sense.

He also mentioned they are fully committed to completing the project because of the invested time and money into the project, and really aiming for late 2024, as per the last update.
“Strongly worded” emails to Joanna, posts on the contact us page of the Vandyk website, and messages on social media pages simultaneously; by many of the buyers, could get their attention.
Strong words will not effect John Vandyk, he's got the thickest skin you'll ever see. The only way to effect change with John is through his pocket book or though negative publicity.

Domenic Zita is the owner John Vandyk's right hand. He's loyalty is to John and the company not you the homeowner's. Vandyk has had issues paying trades for many years and its still on going. Your best use of time would be to as a group contact Tarion along with the City of Brampton as a group voicing your concerns and issues. The initial design was to have the parking garage are under all units to allow ease of parking for all homeowners. Due to the water issues at the front of the property, Vandyk decided to save money by only placing the parking garage in that area due to the fact he had to dig so deep to remove wet soils. If you notice the builder of the adjacent towns did not build on the front part of his property and decided to leave that as a parkette due to the wet soil conditions and high water table. The townhouses next doors have devices on them measuring the amount of movement due to the construction depth required next door to remove wet soils. Your issues should be the fact the units at the back of the site have nowhere to park and will need to walk quite a distance from the parking garage to their units. Imagine groceries each week and or walking all that way in the winter time.
Hi Bob. This ongoing payment issue is only for uptowns or for all of their projects?

Thanks Bob.. for the update.. well negative publicity helps so I have started with the Google reviews.. next Tarion I will call and see..
I’ve tried Tarion… perhaps I asked the wrong questions, but they told me they won’t (can’t?) actually do anything until you have your keys in your hand.

Soooooo…

No worries. Also note that their hired General Construction Management company "Toddglen" was fired from your site and they hired "PCL" to take over from them as they were doing such a horrendous job with your project and so far behind on construction. But ironically they hired the Project Manager from Toddglen directly with Vandyk and he is still running your project. His name is Don Gray.
It seems PCL is a renowned construction management company. So let’s hope for the best.

Thanks Bob.. for the update.. well negative publicity helps so I have started with the Google reviews.. next Tarion I will call and see..

Negative publicity seems to be their their biggest weak point as the business are built on reputation and it seems to be our only option currently. Hopefully with the negative reviews, they will start focusing on this project. 🤞

If we all haven’t already, let’s write that negative google review. I’ve also 👍 thumbs up all the 1 star review to get more traction.

Just read one speaking of the Cobourg delays that ended up terminated. Why do I feel this is going to also happen with Uptown

If we all haven’t already, let’s write that negative google review. I’ve also 👍 thumbs up all the 1 star review to get more traction.

Just read one speaking of the Cobourg delays that ended up terminated. Why do I feel this is going to also happen with Uptown
https://vandyk.com/properties/west-park-village/. Here it says completed. I am not sure if it was cancelled. I am not sure if I am talking in denial. Let’s have some positivity, instead of creating panic. We will write negative reviews. Fingers crossed for our project.

Back