Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

I already emailed her. But I don't trust those sleazy people. They either ignore our email or provide some diplomatic answers.

It seems now there is real concern about the project being cancelled and/or Vandyk holding funds to finance other projects. At this time, since they’re not responsive, perhaps we should be taking an initiative to contact the media about this and get an initiative going to do some real digging?

Btw does anybody live relatively close by the sales office on Heart Lake, maybe someone can go to the sales office and ask them directly about what is going on, and what was said by construction workers not being paid and walking off site.

Btw does anybody live relatively close by the sales office on Heart Lake, maybe someone can go to the sales office and ask them directly about what is going on, and what was said by construction workers not being paid and walking off site.
I went in there pretending to be interested in the new project. (About a month ago) They don’t know much about Uptown since the sales rep have changed. It’s like brand new people who have no idea about Vandyks older projects.

I tried too but no luck.. Think we are served now., guess thats why no one working.. They should have been preparing to pour concrete .. Still have concrete posts with wood crating not removed ..
I emailed Joanna at Vandyk .. I suggest everyone email at the same time this same discussion point and ask for insight on this matter.

What the heck is going on ?
Yes we should., i ask about an update as i noticed there is no activity at the site .

I already emailed her. But I don't trust those sleazy people. They either ignore our email or provide some diplomatic answers.
She replied ...
Hello,

The project remains to be an active construction site. Majority of the activity is in the garage, however, the walls for some of the blocks should already be up as well and progressing.

Kind Regards,
Joanna Xie
SALES COORDINATOR

So I replied with this..
Hi Joanne,
Thanks for the update but its an active site with no activity for weeks? Yes some walls are there but been there since Vandyk sent last update video!! Your last update indicated Q2 the garage floor concrete will be pouring? That wont happen? It's been 6 years since i purchased and yes covid delayed but I would think Vandyk would at least try to speed up the construction!! What i am reading from Google reviews it seems i made a really poor choice in purchasing from Vandyk.. Regards

She replied ...
Hello,

The project remains to be an active construction site. Majority of the activity is in the garage, however, the walls for some of the blocks should already be up as well and progressing.

Kind Regards,
Joanna Xie
SALES COORDINATOR

For whatever it’s worth ………

I spoke with Domenic (VP), he said come August the progression will be a lot more visible and quicker. They held work on the west side, and focusing on the east side, still getting over hurdles regarding the hole and soil. This is the 20% of the work that is taking up 80% of the time. Until the hole and soil has been fully serviced and prepped, and the pillars put up, the more visible work re construction cannot commence. Once this has been done, the construction we want to see happening will begin.

We discussed the construction workers attesting not being paid. He said the workers would not be privy to such information and it makes no sense.

He also mentioned they are fully committed to completing the project because of the invested time and money into the project, and really aiming for late 2024, as per the last update.

I spoke with Domenic (VP), he said come August the progression will be a lot more visible and quicker. They held work on the west side, and focusing on the east side, still getting over hurdles regarding the hole and soil. This is the 20% of the work that is taking up 80% of the time. Until the hole and soil has been fully serviced and prepped, and the pillars put up, the more visible work re construction cannot commence. Once this has been done, the construction we want to see happening will begin.

We discussed the construction workers attesting not being paid. He said the workers would not be privy to such information and it makes no sense.

He also mentioned they are fully committed to completing the project because of the invested time and money into the project, and really aiming for late 2024, as per the last update.
Did you get his last name?

Did you get his last name?

Zita

I emailed Joanna at Vandyk .. I suggest everyone email at the same time this same discussion point and ask for insight on this matter.

What the heck is going on ?
I emailed a while back, didn't get a response.

I'm emailing Joanna again and I agree, with everyone emailing them, it will definitely make a impact and if in case we have to sue them for not completing the project or the delays, atleast we have proof of the emails to say we tried to get updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm emailing Joanna again and I agree, with everyone emailing them, it will definitely make a impact and if in case we have to sue them for not completing the project or the delays, atleast we have proof of the emails to say we tried to get updates.

100% the more people emailing and demanding more relevant updated, the more pressure they will have to get to work and give us updates.

The squeaky wheel gets greased.

I didn’t receive a reply yet and I emailed last week!

Instead of directing it to Joanna. Is there a regular email we can reach them at?

I didn’t receive a reply yet and I emailed last week!

Instead of directing it to Joanna. Is there a regular email we can reach them at?
“Strongly worded” emails to Joanna, posts on the contact us page of the Vandyk website, and messages on social media pages simultaneously; by many of the buyers, could get their attention.

Domenic Zita is the owner John Vandyk's right hand. He's loyalty is to John and the company not you the homeowner's. Vandyk has had issues paying trades for many years and it's still on going. Your best use of time would be to as a group contact Tarion along with the City of Brampton as a group voicing your concerns and issues. The initial design was to have the parking garage are under all units to allow ease of parking for all homeowners. Due to the water issues at the front of the property, Vandyk decided to save money by only placing the parking garage in that area due to the fact he had to dig so deep to remove wet soils. If you notice the builder of the adjacent towns did not build on the front part of his property and decided to leave that as a parkette due to the wet soil conditions and high water table. The townhouses next doors have devices on them measuring the amount of movement due to the construction depth required next door to remove wet soils. Your issues should be the fact the units at the back of the site have nowhere to park and will need to walk quite a distance from the parking garage to their units. Imagine groceries each week and or walking all that way in the winter time.

“Strongly worded” emails to Joanna, posts on the contact us page of the Vandyk website, and messages on social media pages simultaneously; by many of the buyers, could get their attention.
Contacting Joanna will not result in any satisfaction or results for you. She works under Domenic and will only reply whatever he tells her to and or allows.

Back