Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

Hey, sorry for getting back to you late. It went well and the Sales rep was upfront about the builder's delays with the other project, I recall she said the Builder encountered major issues when they dug for the underground parking and it could have been easier for Vandyk to walk away from the project but they didn't because of their reputation. We did sign the APS for the Heartlake Collection at Brampton that day but ended up canceling our purchase during the 10 day cooling period due to the condo fee of over $300/month and longer closing of 2026. We are still on the haunt for a good Precon deal in the GTA. Thank you!
HOLY CRAP WE WERE CLOSE TO GETTING CANCELLED x_x !?!?!?

DId they mention about the progress of the original Uptowns development, and if they will be completing it after all? Or did they mention any risk of future cancellation?

Thank you for the info, goodluck with the search!

HOLY CRAP WE WERE CLOSE TO GETTING CANCELLED x_x !?!?!?

DId they mention about the progress of the original Uptowns development, and if they will be completing it after all? Or did they mention any risk of future cancellation?

Thank you for the info, goodluck with the search!
Even if they have any such plans, I dont think they would disclose the cancellation or further delay. Otherwise it would impact their sales.

Let's hope for the best. They won't cancel the project. It would affect their reputation first, which would be reflected in their in current and future projects. They can't charge premium price.

Secondly, they are in the middle of construction. If they cancel, it would be bit difficult for them to start over from sales. Also current prices are not like Q1 2022 prices. So the reward for them is not worth the risk.

These are just speculations. :) so let's hope for the best.

Last edited:
Even if they have any such plans, I dont think they would disclose the cancellation or further delay. Otherwise it would impact their sales.
All signs point to -- we are screwed. There is literally nothing going on there, it's look like they are doing the bare minimum to make it appear as though they are working and to be able to sell their other projects.

The Uptowns construction site reminds me of when I went to Vegas in 2010 and all saw tons of abandoned work sites with equipment and supplies just sitting there.

All signs point to -- we are screwed. There is literally nothing going on there, it's look like they are doing the bare minimum to make it appear as though they are working and to be able to sell their other projects.

The Uptowns construction site reminds me of when I went to Vegas in 2010 and all saw tons of abandoned work sites with equipment and supplies just sitting there.
They can't postpone indefinitely. Whether it is good or bad, we will come to know at some point. But when I did some research about pre construction, 6 to 7 years are normal for condos. So be positive. Now we have no other choice other than to trust Vandyk.

They can't postpone indefinitely. Whether it is good or bad, we will come to know at some point. But when I did some research about pre construction, 6 to 7 years are normal for condos. So be positive. Now we have no other choice other than to trust Vandyk.
May the Force be with us!

I think with the way the inflation is going, the maintance going up doesn't surprise me. Vandyk also need to cover their cost of all the delays and how expense things got during and after the pandemic.

Vandyk is well know company, this isn't their first project, I don't think they will cancel cause buyers will definitely get the media involved and let everyone know that they waited 6, 7 plus years for their home, only for it to get cancelled, it will be horrible for them, they will definitely lose clients.

My question is, if god forbid they do cancel, do we still get our full deposit cause Vandyk did spend money on clearing up the land and for the digging process?

Who will cover that cost of whatever they spent so far on the project if they cancel?

I think with the way the inflation is going, the maintance going up doesn't surprise me. Vandyk also need to cover their cost of all the delays and how expense things got during and after the pandemic.

Vandyk is well know company, this isn't their first project, I don't think they will cancel cause buyers will definitely get the media involved and let everyone know that they waited 6, 7 plus years for their home, only for it to get cancelled, it will be horrible for them, they will definitely lose clients.

My question is, if god forbid they do cancel, do we still get our full deposit cause Vandyk did spend money on clearing up the land and for the digging process?

Who will cover that cost of whatever they spent so far on the project if they cancel?
If they cancel the project. I think, We would get our deposits with some interest. It would be big blow for us. Vandyk will have those construction losses. That would be another reason, the project won’t be cancelled. So we can rest assured that project won’t be canceled.

Last edited:
If they cancel the project. I think, We would get our deposits with some interest. It would be big blow for us. Vandyk will have those construction losses. That would be another reason, the project won’t be cancelled. So we can rest assured that project won’t be canceled.

Yes, I don't think it be cancelled. They have made some process with having the pillars up meaning they are still building. They're just very...very slow 🐌

Yes, I don't think it be cancelled. They have made some process with having the pillars up meaning they are still building. They're just very...very slow 🐌
They look like they're going for the world record in longest development recorded for stacked towns... Vandyk moles in this thread are having a field day lol

No, cancellation would have been when the permits were passin in city of brampton before spending cash... They had an issue with the soil which was just affecting the underground garage.. it was soft lots of water was found so they actually removed all the soil and went deeper and truck-in new soil .. I saw that for months last year as i live closeby.. They actually dump the old soil where the new project is going up..

Last edited:
No, cancellation would have been when the permits were passin in city of brampton before spending cash... They had an issue with the soil which was just affecting the underground garage.. it was soft lots of water was found so they actually removed all the soil and went deeper and truck-in new soil .. I saw that for months last year as i live closeby.. They actually dump the old soil where the new project is going up..
@Deanfeb coming back in May?

Hey, sorry for getting back to you late. It went well and the Sales rep was upfront about the builder's delays with the other project, I recall she said the Builder encountered major issues when they dug for the underground parking and it could have been easier for Vandyk to walk away from the project but they didn't because of their reputation. We did sign the APS for the Heartlake Collection at Brampton that day but ended up canceling our purchase during the 10 day cooling period due to the condo fee of over $300/month and longer closing of 2026. We are still on the haunt for a good Precon deal in the GTA. Thank you!
$300 maint for TH semi? ir stacked TH? $300 whats included?

Back