Brampton UPtowns at Heart Lake | ?m | 4s | VANDYK

Not to mention, last I looked, there was still just mounds of dirt and a little lake behind the vandyk office.. interesting that they mention only 200 units in the description. Isn’t there supposed to be 300-something?

These guys are so disorganized. Lmao

Not to mention, last I looked, there was still just mounds of dirt and a little lake behind the vandyk office.. interesting that they mention only 200 units in the description. Isn’t there supposed to be 300-something?

These guys are so disorganized. Lmao
These are the townhomes not the condos in the picture

Yes, those are stacked townhouses
Different phase altogether, those are townhomes with rear laneway garages. Not the condo project. They released these last year. You would think they would finish ghe condo nightmare project before starting another one that close to the condos.

Yes, those are stacked townhouses
Thats our project.. those are the stacked TH behind the garage last set towards the wall... look at previous Photo someone posted with the Crane..and you can see the those green walls already.. Looks like block 8 and 9..you can enter the street after the project goin to the TOWNHOUSES and turn right towards the project.. the service entrance and can see the buildings goin up.. I am still away or i would have already gone there.

Thats our project.. those are the stacked TH behind the garage last set towards the wall... look at previous Photo someone posted with the Crane..and you can see the those green walls already.. Looks like block 8 and 9..you can enter the street after the project goin to the TOWNHOUSES and turn right towards the project.. the service entrance and can see the buildings goin up.. I am still away or i would have already gone there.
Also from the photo.. did u noticed the TH is being assembled? some sort of metal framing , not wood , I guess to facilitate the concrete slabs walls etc.. suppose to be all concrete structures….the new projects they are are selling does not mention all concrete structures..The people that got electrical appointments already probably was for building 7, 8, 9, i guess your decor will be coming soon.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, new member here. I am looking to purchase a 3 storey townhome in Uptowns by Heart lake. I have seen a lot of delays on the condo project of 2017 and others while going through this forum and now have concerns. I raised my concerns with my realtor and he responded that the APS states the last date to which builder can extend and Builder’s have to abide by the terms in the aps. Otherwise it's a breach and they are at risk of being sued. So I am wondering if the previous purchases didn’t have last date of extension in them. Thanks, any insights will be welcomed. Attached is the closing date clause on their FAQs and price list. Looking to visit the sales office on Sunday, thanks

79D7C633-F75F-465C-87D8-D3585AB80362.jpeg
59356498-F020-49D7-94CE-68893DBE1A12.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, new member here. I am looking to purchase a 3 storey townhome in Uptowns by Heart lake. I have seen a lot of delays on the condo project of 2017 and others while going through this forum and now have concerns. I raised my concerns with my realtor and he responded that the APS states the last date to which builder can extend and Builder’s have to abide by the terms in the aps. Otherwise it's a breach and they are at risk of being sued. So I am wondering if the previous purchases didn’t have last date of extension in them. Thanks, any insights will be welcomed. Attached is the closing date clause on their FAQs and price list. Looking to visit the sales office on Sunday, thanks
Hi Cindy, on the surface, builders have to abide by those dates listed on the agreement. But if you read it in detail, there are several clauses that give the builder right to move the completion date couple of times without any penalty under the "unavoidable delay" umbrella. There is absolutely no guarantee when it comes to preconstruction.

I advise not to get legal advise from realtors. As per my understanding there is a final closure date in APS and builder has to pay some penalty (i think around $7000) to buyer if builder deliver after the date. Also you can walk away from the agreement if the house was not delivered before final closure date. But the problem is you would only get your initial deposit with some interest. you would be in loss if you consider opportunity cost.

Hi Cindy, on the surface, builders have to abide by those dates listed on the agreement. But if you read it in detail, there are several clauses that give the builder right to move the completion date couple of times without any penalty under the "unavoidable delay" umbrella. There is absolutely no guarantee when it comes to preconstruction.
Thanks gquest! It sucks there are clauses that the builder can take negative advantage of. I don’t have the agreement yet, realtor submitted work sheet though. If the appointment goes well on Sunday, then the first deposit/bank draft will be handed over, agreement will be sent and I will have 10 days to accept or not as per the attached.

Attachments

• 1C2ACF7A-1724-47B6-9646-9D1CFC2C4332.png
    1C2ACF7A-1724-47B6-9646-9D1CFC2C4332.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 39
I advise not to get legal advise from realtors. As per my understanding there is a final closure date in APS and builder has to pay some penalty (i think around $7000) to buyer if builder deliver after the date. Also you can walk away from the agreement if the house was not delivered before final closure date. But the problem is you would only get your initial deposit with some interest. you would be in loss if you consider opportunity cost.
Thanks ASMT for sharing this! I have to seriously think about it, I don’t want to be in loss.

Thanks gquest! It sucks there are clauses that the builder can take negative advantage of. I don’t have the agreement yet, realtor submitted work sheet though. If the appointment goes well on Sunday, then the first deposit/bank draft will be handed over, agreement will be sent and I will have 10 days to accept or not as per the attached.
You can get a real estate lawyer to review and give you all the loops. They'll also help with negotiating some clauses and caping some cost.

Back