Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Union needs it Mike's Way. Sorry frou-frou options I've never heard of, this is probably where my money will go if I'm hungry while passing through.
Can I get a review relative to other good sub sandwiches like Firehouse?
Where in Union is this?
Looks like lower level between Bay and York concourse, someone else can probably confirm.

Where in Union is this?
As mentioned above it’s in The Market area, can’t tell what specific unit it is though, but it would be one of the grey units:
You_Doodle+_2024-03-22T14_04_29Z.jpeg

Great pix! I am wondering where one finds out how much retail space has opened in the city this year? Adding Union to the 340,000ft2 at The Well plus all of the retail in new condos must be a large amount but how does it compare to other areas? And are other Canadian or US metros seeing a similar increase?

Great pix! I am wondering where one finds out how much retail space has opened in the city this year? Adding Union to the 340,000ft2 at The Well plus all of the retail in new condos must be a large amount but how does it compare to other areas? And are other Canadian or US metros seeing a similar increase?

Union needs it Mike's Way. Sorry frou-frou options I've never heard of, this is probably where my money will go if I'm hungry while passing through.

Can I get a review relative to other good sub sandwiches like Firehouse?

I only ever get the #13 at Jersey Mike's, The Original Italian, so can't compare subs across the board.

What I like is that you actually get to see them prepare it, which includes fresh slicing the meat straight out of the sock. Firehouse by contrast is a black box: You order it, and they hand you a thing in a wrapper, which is why I never liked Quiznos compared to Subway. The veggies seem fresh enough, the real treat is watching them prepare it "Mike's Way", where they drench it in oil, then balsamic vinegar, then liberally sprinkle it with salt and pepper, all with the panache of a bartender in the movie Cocktail. You get a sub that's absolutely dripping with dressing; which at first I didn't think I would like when my wife dragged me out to one but is just super-good in practice. Mike's also tends to hire (and encourage) very chatty staff, which my friend despises, but I think gives it a unique charm. Firehouse has this "worship us, we're heroes" vibe, which I find rather off-putting. Good pickles though...

Union station is turning into a giant food court. I thought there would be more retail.
It’s a train station. Food is one thing that I think works.

My huge pet peeve is the lack of departure boards in the food court(s). It is a train station! More GO boards. More VIA boards. More bus boards.

I find the departure boards to be pretty useless at Union. The GO boards have little value until a few minutes to boarding as they don’t show the platforms. The fact GO and Via have different boards and areas makes it look like 2 universes. Union is one of the only stations I’ve been two where the services aren’t shown on the same board. Why doesn’t GO show VIA and vice versa. I hope one day the two services will feel more integrated so one can do connections without having to wonder through the station to go from one area to the other. I won’t even speak of the badly placed GO bus terminal which is quite poorly signed that many get confused on how to get there.

Back