Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Woopee, of course the cost of the bids may exceed the $$...

NOIP (Notice of Intended Procurement)

Type: Advanced Notice of Intended Procurement
Posting Title: Request for Tenders for Construction Phase 1 of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation project
High Level Category: Construction
Services Document
Type: RFT
Document Number:Doc4588060552Ariba Discovery Posting Link:https://discovery.ariba.com/rfx/19713148Publish Date:
June 6, 2024 at 12:00 Noon
Issue Date: June 11, 2024 at 12:00 Noon
Estimated Submission Deadline: J uly 9, 2024 at 12:00 Noon
Solicitation Document Description:T his Request for Tenders (“RFT”) invites eligible Suppliers to submit bids for the provision of products, services, and other deliverables related to Construction Phase 1 of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation project for the City of Toronto.

This RFT phase will focus on Front St. sidewalk slab repairs and waterproofing, installation of counter terror bollards and blocks, and procurement of custom anti-terror concrete blocks, all in accordance the specifications and requirements of the RFT.

It is the intention of the City to award a contract to the highest-ranked Supplier meeting the specifications of the Request for Tender.

Notwithstanding the dates and times shown in this Advanced Notice of Intended Procurement, Suppliers are to note the following:

The Solicitation will open at 12:00 a.m. EDT June 11, 2024. Its documents will be available in the City's Online Procurement System at the Public Posting link shown above after that time.

The Submission Deadline will be the later of (a)12:00 p.m. EDT, July 9, 2024, or (b) the date and time displayed in the City Online Procurement System countdown clock.

I made the mistake of trying to go at lunch. Look how busy it is!
20240606_123141_HDR.jpg

are people actually shocked that taco bell is popular? Its crazy popular

Its not a top ten fast food chain by location count in Canada.

In Toronto, for comparison.......

McDonalds - 70+ locations
Tim's 300+ locations
Taco Bell ~17 locations

A&W has more locations downtown that Taco Bell does City-wide

Crazy popular?

Tim's 300+ locations
Taco Bell ~17 locations

Crazy popular?
"Popular" is not same as number of locations.

Tim's 300+ locations
Taco Bell ~17 locations

Crazy popular?
I dont think going by locations is the best way to find "most popular fast food chain" sure theres lots of mcdonalds and timmies but what about small chains like loaded pierogi, fat bastard, burger priest

Hell even chick FILA. it only has like 2 locations

I would say all are more popular than taco bell in terms of sales i guess, but All im saying is taco bell is popular

how popular? enough to get a lineup during every dinner rush

"Popular" is not same as number of locations.

Popular could be measure in sales, and Taco Bell still wouldn't rank.

I'm not suggesting it doesn't have its adherents, self-evidently it does.

Merely that a chain that is not in the top 10 by any metric in Toronto, Ontario or Canada (in fast food) probably doesn't fit the term 'crazy popular'; particularly when its backed by owners with deep pockets.

Woopee, of course the cost of the bids may exceed the $$...

NOIP (Notice of Intended Procurement)

Type: Advanced Notice of Intended Procurement
Posting Title: Request for Tenders for Construction Phase 1 of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation project
High Level Category: Construction
Services Document
Type: RFT
Document Number:Doc4588060552Ariba Discovery Posting Link:https://discovery.ariba.com/rfx/19713148Publish Date:
June 6, 2024 at 12:00 Noon
Issue Date: June 11, 2024 at 12:00 Noon
Estimated Submission Deadline: J uly 9, 2024 at 12:00 Noon
Solicitation Document Description:T his Request for Tenders (“RFT”) invites eligible Suppliers to submit bids for the provision of products, services, and other deliverables related to Construction Phase 1 of Hostile Vehicle Mitigation project for the City of Toronto.

This RFT phase will focus on Front St. sidewalk slab repairs and waterproofing, installation of counter terror bollards and blocks, and procurement of custom anti-terror concrete blocks, all in accordance the specifications and requirements of the RFT.

It is the intention of the City to award a contract to the highest-ranked Supplier meeting the specifications of the Request for Tender.

Notwithstanding the dates and times shown in this Advanced Notice of Intended Procurement, Suppliers are to note the following:

The Solicitation will open at 12:00 a.m. EDT June 11, 2024. Its documents will be available in the City's Online Procurement System at the Public Posting link shown above after that time.

The Submission Deadline will be the later of (a)12:00 p.m. EDT, July 9, 2024, or (b) the date and time displayed in the City Online Procurement System countdown clock.

Because they spent it all on the umpteen meetings while inflation ate their lunch?

AoD

are people actually shocked that taco bell is popular? Its crazy popular
Taco Bell is crazy popular in the US. It does not have nearly the same cultural following north of the border.

I always remember getting an icebreaker Q on a group activity on vacation in Tennessee being "what's your go-to taco bell order" and all the Americans being shocked that I had only ever been to Taco Bell once when I was a teenager. It's a level below McDonald's down there, not the case at all in Canada.

I’d consider Taco Bell a cult classic now. I think the people who rave most about it are also conscious they should consume it in moderation. It’s easy to get customers back in the door with lighter offerings (snacks, coffee) then tempt them to buy more off the menu – this is where McDonald’s shines (where in an instant my coffee run may turn into the last supper).

Last edited:

Back