Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

May I have missed if someone posted already, but Calii Love is finally open.

Calii Love.jpg

Attachments

• Calii Love.jpg
    Calii Love.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 327
I wonder if there is some scope for the City/Union Station management to ask GO/UPX, maybe even VIA to carry Union Station promotional material on their trains, so that people who use the same optimized route every day might be tempted to stray off it and spend some $?

Hmm, good point. I never considered that a habitual everyday GO commuter who gets on and off their trains, say, in the Bay West Teamway to go to/from the PATH, might to this day never have seen the York concourse or any of the retail in the station.

Hmm, good point. I never considered that a habitual everyday GO commuter who gets on and off their trains, say, in the Bay West Teamway to go to/from the PATH, might to this day never have seen the York concourse or any of the retail in the station.
This is me. It is most convenient for me to go to and from the PATH and the Bay West Teamway or the Bay East Teamway instead of going through Union Station and using the York Concourse. I purposely go out of my way just to see the crowds and the station. :D

Climate comtroled for horizontal moats (front street)
Open air for vertical moats (teamway sides)

The two halves of the Front Street moats will be doored/walled off on all four sides + fully climate controlled. Tee shirt walk between Union and rest of PATH. Yay!

Out of curiosity, what is being done with the stairs on the SE corner of York & Front? Is that staying completely outside, or will there be an indoor connection between the York East Teamway and the Front Moat that doesn't require either walking outside or walking through the actual York Concourse? Right now that plaza area at the bottom of those stairs and between the York East Teamway doors and the York Concourse doors is a bit of a no man's land, and I'm just wondering if that's being rebuilt.

Just noticed they've started work on the frame for the glass over the TTC entrance this morning, as pictured above. Might have been there for a while, but I'm only through Union once or twice a week.

Of the sheeting being ripped off the floors, yes. The flooring was in fairly ugly condition underneath.

This morning they were going over the floor with large buffers and putting its show shine on.
615DF6D1-DFAD-44AE-A264-1F7AB09041B6.jpeg
95B97812-41FF-44EF-BBFC-3483A9FE7718.jpeg

Attachments

• 615DF6D1-DFAD-44AE-A264-1F7AB09041B6.jpeg
    615DF6D1-DFAD-44AE-A264-1F7AB09041B6.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 381
  • 95B97812-41FF-44EF-BBFC-3483A9FE7718.jpeg
    95B97812-41FF-44EF-BBFC-3483A9FE7718.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 378

Back