Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Quick question- are they still installing new roofs over the moats? I remember discussion that that part was cut out, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

One of the workers told me a few weeks ago that the west moat should get its roof 'in the summer' as they will have finished all the work there and overhead by then.

Huh, last I'd heard, it had been delayed more than that. Well, let's hope that's right!

I can't wait for the Bay Concourse to open, hopefully this summer. I think there will be more excitement for the Bay side than there was for the York Concourse.

I can't wait for the Bay Concourse to open, hopefully this summer. I think there will be more excitement for the Bay side than there was for the York Concourse.
Probably true as we all know what the Bay side looked like and can more easily see what has been done! I am assuming it will open by late summer but that may just be wishful thinking!

When will all the scaffolding come down from the Great Hall?
One assumes that they will remove it when they finish repairing the walls and ceiling. They have recently finished the east wall and removed it and it looks as though the west end is almost done too. Not sure how the north wall is coming along and they have yet to put up scaffolding on south wall (over the VIA ticket wickets). I suspect there will be scaffolding somewhere in the Great Hall until late summer but as they seem to be finishing off the Front Street facade I suppose they may move more workers inside.

One assumes that they will remove it when they finish repairing the walls and ceiling. They have recently finished the east wall and removed it and it looks as though the west end is almost done too. Not sure how the north wall is coming along and they have yet to put up scaffolding on south wall (over the VIA ticket wickets). I suspect there will be scaffolding somewhere in the Great Hall until late summer but as they seem to be finishing off the Front Street facade I suppose they may move more workers inside.

This begs the question. How will they do the work in the CENTRE of the hall. I saw the cherry picker they have been using now and I doubt that it will go that high.

This begs the question. How will they do the work in the CENTRE of the hall. I saw the cherry picker they have been using now and I doubt that it will go that high.
The great hall ceiling is actually about 20% done as of today. The cleaned ceiling looks beautiful. They are most likely using the cherry picker at nights. I wonder why couldn't they use the cherry picker to restore the walls, as opposed to using all the scaffolding.

The great hall ceiling is actually about 20% done as of today. The cleaned ceiling looks beautiful. They are most likely using the cherry picker at nights. I wonder why couldn't they use the cherry picker to restore the walls, as opposed to using all the scaffolding.

What I wondered is why they never just spanned the Great Hall with scaffolding for a few months and went to town. It would have been dark and gloomy but there would have been no need to tear down and move.

What I wondered is why they never just spanned the Great Hall with scaffolding for a few months and went to town. It would have been dark and gloomy but there would have been no need to tear down and move.
The Cherry picker seems to work well and it appears that the ceiling only needs cleaning, the walls seemed to need actual repair so I suspect a scaffold is more necessary for them and it is anyway far easier to put scaffolding up a wall rather than trying to create a platform below the ceiling over a fairly large open space.

A few months ago the City posted a tender call for Fabrication of new chandeliers but then cancelled it. I asume it will be posted again, soon.

The Cherry picker seems to work well and it appears that the ceiling only needs cleaning, the walls seemed to need actual repair so I suspect a scaffold is more necessary for them and it is anyway far easier to put scaffolding up a wall rather than trying to create a platform below the ceiling over a fairly large open space.

A few months ago the City posted a tender call for Fabrication of new chandeliers but then cancelled it. I asume it will be posted again, soon.

Makes sense. I just hope the waterproof the window at Track 1.

Back