Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

Is UPX's Mt. Dennis Station opening at the same time as GO and Line 5? Can't they stagger the openings (plural)?
It depends on the opening date of the LRT.

If the LRT opens by June, UPX will not be stopping at the station with the amount of work still to be done and this includes GO service.

If the LRT open late this year and based on service changes, there should be no reason reason why both UPX and GO could not service the station other than $$. It will increase travel time for both GO an UPX by a few minutes.

Why stagger the opening for anything if its ready along with funds to do so as well schedule changes in place??

I wonder what will come of the former CIBC Upstairs Lounge-turned-COVID clinic at UPX Union stop? Was the lounge ever busy before shutting down?

Screenshot_2023-02-08_181923.jpg

Apparently a few of the sets are out of service waiting for parts.
It's worse than that, apparently.

It's so bad, in fact, that there is some thought being given to running a GO shuttle to Malton, and having buses then meet the trains there to enter the airport.

That's the problem with using unique rolling stock for one line. Can't interchange equipment.

I would argue that in this case the fact that there are so little spare equipment is a far bigger factory than the ability - or lack thereof - to interchange equipment.

Dan

It's worse than that, apparently.

It's so bad, in fact, that there is some thought being given to running a GO shuttle to Malton, and having buses then meet the trains there to enter the airport.

I would argue that in this case the fact that there are so little spare equipment is a far bigger factory than the ability - or lack thereof - to interchange equipment.

Dan
Considering they are extending the station staffing hours for basically all stations from Mt Pleasant-Union except for Etobicoke North and Bloor, I think they are planning to finally increase service to 30 mins to/from Bramalea. This will be the alternate option for now if they don’t find a solution for the UPX anytime soon.

Last edited:

Back