Toronto Treviso Condos | 91.13m | 24s | Lanterra | P + S / IBI

This is a good looking development and the area is increasingly seeing new builds. I just think the traffic here in 10 years could be the worst in Toronto. Between the Crosstown, the Subway, the Allen, the 401, Dufferin St, AND YORKDALE! Im just not sure people are ready or understand what is coming. There is such a suburban culture in this area that I dont know how many people will actually stay in their homes. I have heard the 2x separate plazas across the street from this development (along Dufferin) are getting multi-tower developments quite soon. Without a streetcar along Dufferin I just dont know what people will do.

It could be great in 10 years though. We shall see.

Composite? Do you mean panels? And if you do mean panels, do you mean precast that has been stained? The construction photos make it look like we are talking real brick here.

I think this project looks great in person and I have heard numerous people comment on how much they like it, and that they wish more like this were being built downtown.
I'm not saying that myself necessarily but I have heard this exact conversation from two different groups of people on two separate occasions.

And yes some of us are still playing Pokemon. Which is why I never post pics anymore.

Last edited:
But it's composite brick and I think looks cheap

Palma you may want to double check ... I'm 100% confident that this project was NOT stained precast brick panels, but rather the work of conventional bricklayers which I saw in person when these buildings were rising ... and also evident in drum118 photos below:

Oct 12
10348136223_02450fab2e_b.jpg

10348125283_129947ce2b_b.jpg

10347922224_6d19eaf287_b.jpg

Palma you may want to double check ... I'm 100% confident that this project was NOT stained precast brick panels, but rather the work of conventional bricklayers which I saw in person when these buildings were rising ... and also evident in drum118 photos below:

But is it concrete or clay? Either way, the colour is neither attractive and grossly overused. The ground level appears to be the same on all three buildings; a retail bay copied 30 times over. It's not much different than the sheets of glass elsewhere. I guess ti's different but, is that enough?

Composite? Do you mean panels? And if you do mean panels, do you mean precast that has been stained? The construction photos make it look like we are talking real brick here.

I read somewhere that they used composite brick. I am not sure the difference between composite brick and brick. Brick I take to age well but composite brick I do not know. I love brick buildings but hate this condo. Each time i drive by, it looks cheap and those balconies remind me of elevated parkings lots. About 2 weeks ago when I checked the MLS. there were 63 condos for rent in Treviso. Lots of investors for sure. Not a surprise though

This is actually not a terrible building.

Despite having a fairly pedestrian design, the balconies are deep and actually usable, the color choices & finishes are decent, the spandrel is limited to non-prominent locations, and the overall design brings a much-needed urbanizing touch to Lawrence Avenue.

Back