Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

A speakeasy! There is a secret entrance and everything!

A modern speakeasy isn't illegal like the real ones from the 1920s but how does this qualify as one? It's not hidden, underground, or secret. It's easily recognized as a bar with a main entrance, patio, and you can even see booze displayed on the shelves from outside this place. Just turning the lights down low doesn't make a bar a speakeasy.

It's a very nice looking restaurant/bar chain from Alberta.

Last edited:
A modern speakeasy isn't illegal like the real ones from the 1920s but how does this qualify as one? It's not hidden, underground, or secret. It's easily recognized as a bar with a main entrance, patio, and you can even see booze displayed on the shelves from outside this place. Just turning the lights down low doesn't make a bar a speakeasy.

It's a very nice looking restaurant/bar chain from Alberta.
I have a lot of admiration for the company Collective Arts Brewery, but last summer at Bathurst and Dundas they had a “pop-up mocktail speakeasy” and I’m just like “bitch, that’s a lemonade stand”.

Fairly cringe.

I was thinking of this, but one says “SPEAKEASY HERE”

1716222193772.jpeg

Regarding the utility cut on Wellington St. This morning I’ve asked the supervisor of the Pro Cut limited executing that work if the pavers a put back in.

She said yes all will be restored. Hope it’s true!
It’s almost as if pessimism isn't always necissary

Back