Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

mmexport1717978478314.jpg

20240610_202224.jpg

Last edited:
It's been like this for years during rush hour. All the office workers leaving the many FiDi towers go on Front to get onto the Gardiner.
Pretty much all the streets south of Queen are gridlocked on weekdays during rush-hours (and sometimes even outside of rush-hours) with vehicles trying to get to the Gardiner, which itself is gridlocked due to lane closures. Of course this is exacerbated by lane reductions and closures of many already narrow downtown streets due to construction. Often when you pass by these construction sites, you see only a handful or sometimes no workers at all - during normal working hours! Either the workers/contractors are slacking off or, more likely, the City is not paying them to work more hours or put in more crew to get things done faster.

Motorists like to moan about the City waging a war on cars, but in fact they're waging a war on cars, cyclists and to a lesser extent pedestrians with these extended closures: all road users are inconvenienced and their safety is compromised. While I understand these constructions are necessary and will improve safety for all road users (eg. secure bike lanes on Bloor and University), I don't get why there's seemingly no effort to speed them up.

Haha saw this on IG well traffic gonna be screwed
"this city is not it" because of a little rush hour traffic? what a dumb post. some people have no idea. every city on the continent has the same thing. 90% of those cars are choosing to sit in that traffic. there are options. our commuter rail is top notch

"this city is not it" because of a little rush hour traffic? what a dumb post. some people have no idea. every city on the continent has the same thing. 90% of those cars are choosing to sit in that traffic. there are options. our commuter rail is top notch

While I find the post silly, because it lacks any detail or coherent argument.............

Every City in North America does not have Toronto's levels of congestion:

Toronto is the worst in all of the U.S. and Canada and third worse globally.

From the above:

1718315182911.png

By contrast to their study timeframe, traffic is sailing today, LOL

1718315294821.png

Taken from:

While I find the post silly, because it lacks any detail or coherent argument.............

Every City in North America does not have Toronto's levels of congestion:

Toronto is the worst in all of the U.S. and Canada and third worse globally.

From the above:

View attachment 572187

By contrast to their study timeframe, traffic is sailing today, LOL

View attachment 572189

Taken from:

There are other lists that have multiple US cities above Toronto. This list doesn't even seem to have Los Angeles? Regardless, like i said, there are options and traffic is a factor in every city.

More disturbingly, is the impatient drivers pushing into a pedestrian crosswalk with little regards for those that are trying to cross it. /sigh

It's been like this for years during rush hour. All the office workers leaving the many FiDi towers go on Front to get onto the Gardiner.
That photo is proof that the Gardiner causes traffic instead of reducing it. Every one of those cars is stuck trying to cram onto a single-lane on-ramp. We'd be better off with normalized intersections at Lake Shore Blvd throughout the core and then a big multi-lane entrance to the expressway west of Exhibition Place.

Decidedly not top notch. But either way we already have the solution; corporate greed prevents it from being implemented.

Back