Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

$14 or not when I was there around 11am today all three of the open coffee shops were packed! Another thing that I noticed is that a lot of people were using the Atruim as a shortcut between Wellington and CityPlace so in that regard it is well placed. This should only increase when the passageway through the Westbank development is activated in 2025.

Last edited:
As far as ‘busyness’ goes the opening of the 5 000 person event space will make a big difference as I expect a lot of events will be in the evening.
I think this 5000 person event space is maybe a miscommunication. There is an event venue that is 5000 sqft. I noticed that when I stopped by today.

Prince St Pizza is a 6 or 7/10, btw.

Haven’t made the trek out to The Well yet but me and my dad are planning on checking it out after I’m done exams in December.

For what it’s worth, I’ll never complain about there being an indigo in a mall. As far as major Canadian retail chains go, indigo is undoubtedly near the top and always pleasant to visit (at least if you like books like me)

damn 2 drinks for $14 wow....i guess time to go to Tim Horton's or Mcdonald's instead!
I do love my coffee and have been a supporter of all of the independent coffee shops since Sam James was throwing coffee on abortion protestors and opening the first independent in the path. But the cost of a cappuccino recently has reduced my habit from a daily thing to a treat one or two times a week.

Another store opened this weekend
It’s called Groovy
View attachment 522862View attachment 522863
Ugh, such a waste of space. Groovy used to actually be a cool, funky sneaker shop at Queen and John back in the 90's up to about 2012 or so. They then did a dramatic renovation of the store (which is still there) into one of those wanky "high end" sneaker boutiques and lost all their appeal IMO. This new location just underscores that.

they are also opening a Fix Coffee and Bikes here, last i checked. And if its anything like their current shop in the west end, it'll be the best of the bunch.
I love Fix Coffee! Now that's a perfect example of a cozy indie cafe tucked away on an otherwise quiet residential street. Good to hear they're opening a second location here, though I doubt it'll be as cozy as the original...

Ugh, such a waste of space. Groovy used to actually be a cool, funky sneaker shop at Queen and John back in the 90's up to about 2012 or so. They then did a dramatic renovation of the store (which is still there) into one of those wanky "high end" sneaker boutiques and lost all their appeal IMO. This new location just underscores that.
Never spent much time at Groovy, but was in So Hip above it every weekend from about 1999-2004. Many, many, good memories. I wonder whatever happened to Dan, seems he's totally off of social media (good for him).

I do enjoy going to a local coffee shop in Italy and paying for an espresso in change...
I also agree prices are quite elevated in north America... I generally buy beans and make my coffee at home... I do find De Mello to have pretty good selection of beans.
People choose to spend their money however they want I suppose.
I bought an espresso machine and never looked back, it'll pay for itself pretty quickly coffee with prices these days. I'll still buy beans from area roasters to support local though. And now that I know it's not the Americano that's 7 bucks, <$4 ain't too bad. That or black drip is all I need.

I bought an espresso machine and never looked back, it'll pay for itself pretty quickly coffee with prices these days. I'll still buy beans from area roasters to support local though. And now that I know it's not the Americano that's 7 bucks, <$4 ain't too bad. That or black drip is all I need.
I did the same. A lot better and cost effective but also get to do try out different types of coffees etc.

Taken 27 November.

IMG_5372.jpeg
IMG_5373.jpeg
IMG_5374.jpeg

Ho-hum. ...it looks lackadaisical/bare bones Seasonal decorum wise because the site still looks to be a work in progress - the issue of soft launches before Xmas, I guess.

If it looks like this next year around the same time though...I'll expect this to get flame roasted here. And how. /popcorn

Back