Toronto The Residences of 488 University Avenue | 206.95m | 55s | Amexon | Core Architects

7b9f0bf0-f9dd-45c3-9835-b0f4c017daa3_zpsvgghgn7a.jpg

Also from yesterday:

DSC06604.jpg
DSC06605.jpg

Attachments

• DSC06604.jpg
    DSC06604.jpg
    698.9 KB · Views: 2,677
  • DSC06605.jpg
    DSC06605.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 2,612
I'm equally as impressed with this, I used to live at Chestnut Residence and used to walk by this to get to campus everyday and was a bit sad to see it dismantled but the quality of glass here is really great. I would have preferred it if the steel frames were external. Also I think an important thing to focus on will be if the materials and glass used for the residential portion will be of equal quality

I disagree. You see it in real life, that glass is pretty sweet. I had reservations about this project but I think it's coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it rise to its full height; it ought to have a commanding presence on University.

http://normli.ca/User/Terry/ExteriorVRTest00/

swipe around to see what the finished product will look like ...

and now i will go back to lurking :D

The only concern I have with this going forward is that there is a chance they might cheap out on the residential portion. Using less appealing glass than the glass in the office portion.

This thing is so ugly and to put it on such a beautiful street is an abomination.

I think the polar opposite: The materials we've seen so far are very high quality and the building will be a nice complement to the MaRS building up the street, but University itself is an ugly, unkempt, overtly auto-centric and anti-pedestrian main boulevard.

Back