Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Haha I love how everyone is saying its men due to inflated expectations.

I'm not sure what people expected. It's a small site, which is a big limitation. And it's Foster. The massing and architectural language were pretty self explanatory. Did people expect a Swiss RE or something?

I'm still not sure I believe Mizrahi will be able to make something like this happen. He has a small portfolio of small projects. Suddenly he wants to do a $1BN project? Reminds me a tad of Stinson or even Bazis a little bit.

Last edited:
It'll contrast nicely with both 1 Bloor E and Uptown. Bracing meeting the ground looks good. No complaints here.

I'm not sure what people expected. It's a small site, which is a big limitation. And it's Foster. The massing and architectural language were pretty self explanatory. Did people expect a Swiss RE or something?

Was looking for a different shape. Same old box.

What would you say is the height of one diamond? One such diamond covers 11 residential floors. At 3.5m per such floor, it's 38m. The tower's height equals roughly to 8 diamonds which comes to about 304m

Yup. People will call it lame because they were actually expecting the Chrysler Building. LOL

As for me, I like it a lot.

I think people bought way too much into the marketing hype and didn't review F+P's residential portfolio. I am surprised we even got diagrids.

AoD

I don't hate it but, I was thinking of a contemporary interpretation of the Art Deco buildings mentioned... There isn't even a spiral or cap on top, ohh well!

I was expecting the diagrids. I think I was expecting something a little different in terms of massing, and something different at the roof.

This beauty is something you'll expect to see in Chicago or NYC.
New renders are up on the development page, btw.

Wow! This is what I was hoping for! It's beautiful. Solid. Masculine.

I thought Toronto deserved a taller, bolder, more beautiful Theatre Park...and this will be it. Except the structure is the ornamentation here rather than affixed.

Not sure why anyone would think it's a "meh". You must not be looking at it correctly. Look at the scale, the details, and the sheer slender volume. This is no Aura. This will be iconic.

Will look great beside the feminine One Bloor East.

Back