Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

The fewer pre-conceptions you put on the architecture in advance, the more objectively you'll be able to process the renderings this evening. I'm just saying that people should rein in the fantasy daydreams a little, unless they can focus those daydreams in a very Foster-ish way. And remember, this is a constrained site, so a Shard-like pyramidal form is a bit much of an ask. And again, don't take the comparisons to existing New York buildings in a literal way. Dial it down, dial it down!

That's enough of a caution from me though, and you can dial up some other expectations… a little. All I'm saying is that one of my earlier hints is now obsolete and on the conservative side (perish the thought). Can't wait to see the shadow studies!

The fewer pre-conceptions you put on the architecture in advance, the more objectively you'll be able to process the renderings this evening. I'm just saying that people should rein in the fantasy daydreams a little, unless they can focus those daydreams in a very Foster-ish way. And remember, this is a constrained site, so a Shard-like pyramidal form is a bit much of an ask. And again, don't take the comparisons to existing New York buildings in a literal way. Dial it down, dial it down!

That's enough of a caution from me though, and you can dial up some other expectations… a little. All I'm saying is that one of my earlier hints is now obsolete and on the conservative side (perish the thought). Can't wait to see the shadow studies!

Do you and UT have exclusive information from the developer? If so, are you guys releasing a story with more info later?

I take it that someone from UT will be present and live Tweeting?

I wonder if they will announce any tenants for the retail/commercial space... I know that isn't typically the case.

That's enough of a caution from me though, and you can dial up some other expectations… a little. All I'm saying is that one of my earlier hints is now obsolete and on the conservative side (perish the thought). Can't wait to see the shadow studies!42

That's an interesting way to put it ;)

AoD

Last edited:

So it's taller than predicted? Maybe over 300m? I guess we will know a lot more soon, starting 148 minutes from now.

Projects like these are only as strong as their weakest link. i.e. The L Tower is more a P+S design than a Libeskind.

I'm hoping this project has more Foster elements than CORE elements.

Excited to see what the plans are!

yes, it's open to the public.
It's in the Queens Park Ballroom at the Park Hyatt starting at 7pm.

If anyone is going please take plenty of photos & notes. Unfortunately I have a prior engagement.

Back