Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Doesn't this also stem back to a retail thread rumour that Apple had purchased property at what was currently the Stollerys? Would make sense now in context that they'd purchased property at that address...just not in the current (at the time) iteration of the space!

Doesn't this also stem back to a retail thread rumour that Apple had purchased property at what was currently the Stollerys? Would make sense now in context that they'd purchased property at that address...just not in the current (at the time) iteration of the space!

No, there was a rumour that they would be building an Apple Store in that location. Apple doesn't typically own the property they build on, just the building itself. For example, Apple leases the space where they built the famous cube on Fifth Avenue, as well as their new Chicago store. Same with Grand Central Station and other heritage buildings that they restored and built stores.

I can't find a link to the floor plans. I'm looking for ground floor and below ground retail. Can anybody link to those please?

I can't find a link to the floor plans. I'm looking for ground floor and below ground retail. Can anybody link to those please?

Click this link, then click 'Supporting Documentation', and scroll down to 'Architectural Plans', and click the most recent one (from April, 2016). It will take a little time to download, but the floorpans should be in there. Keep in mind, it won't necessarily be the final version of what's being built, because those haven't been uploaded. Cheers.
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...3713720&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

--

Side thought. I thought this was funny coincidence... hopefully it's self explanatory:

Untitled 3.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled 3.jpg
    Untitled 3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 389
Click this link, then click 'Supporting Documentation', and scroll down to 'Architectural Plans', and click the most recent one (from April, 2016). It will take a little time to download, but the floorpans should be in there. Keep in mind, it won't necessarily be the final version of what's being built, because those haven't been uploaded. Cheers.
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...3713720&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

Thanks. Looks like the retail space directly below the ground floor retail (allegedly Apple) has been parcelled into smaller stores, accessible via the PATH. From the looks of it, if Apple were to take the ground floor, the lower level doesn't seem ideal.

My best guess is that they would use the triple height ground floor space and build a cantilevered balcony for their Today At Apple space with the big screen. Like this:
Apple-San-Francisco-store.jpg
metalocus-foster-hangzhou-01-1280.jpg

Attachments

• Apple-San-Francisco-store.jpg
    Apple-San-Francisco-store.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 435
  • metalocus-foster-hangzhou-01-1280.jpg
    metalocus-foster-hangzhou-01-1280.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 475
Yeah that's pretty definitive, isn't it. Interested to see how they deal with BOH and SOH stuff for the store. When I worked at Apple our repairs room was so cramped...hopefully they learn from their mistakes. Or perhaps they go the way of US stores and make the majority of repairs at depots.

Yeah that's pretty definitive, isn't it.

Would be great if Urban Toronto could get a comment from Mizrahi and/or Foster. Somebody put "Apple" in the blueprints. And not just out of context. The description very clearly fits with a well known Apple store construction feature. It's as good as confirmed as it gets short of Apple itself confirming it. @Edward Skira?

Last edited:
It is in the dev application documents. That is insider information already.

Nobody aside from those who post on UrbanToronto even read the documents. :p

I wish Toronto would have a legit apple store with some cool minimalist stand-alone architecture - not something shoehorned into the podium of a condo.

Honestly this building is so much more than the stupid Apple store. This thread has become reddit for Apple fanboys. Would it be possible to move all Apple related discussion to a different thread? I'm sure a lot of us are opening this thread in anticipation of some actual updates.

I wish Toronto would have a legit apple store with some cool minimalist stand-alone architecture - not something shoehorned into the podium of a condo.
I wouldn't call a retail space custom designed and engineered for a marquee tenant "shoehorned"

Back