Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

IMG_6684.jpeg
IMG_6683.jpeg

Here comes 'The One' from a few different angles, taken yesterday, June 3rd, 2024:

We'll start out on Charles, looking north-west:

DSC03874.jpg

DSC03878.jpg

DSC03879.jpg

Now we'll shift to Yonge moving south to north:

DSC03881.jpg

DSC03882.jpg

DSC03883.jpg

DSC03885.jpg

Now we shift to Yorkville Avenue, looking south-east:

DSC03894.jpg

DSC03895.jpg

Now we swing over to Bloor, looking due east from St. George:

DSC03922.jpg

Finally, looking north-east from Devonshire Pl, just south of Varsity Stadium:

DSC03931.jpg

DSC03933.jpg

Given they already have the approval for 91 storeys, the most logical business solution would be to build high and chop the bigger units into smaller more affordable units. I can see why the 7-10 million dollar units aren't selling, but if all of a sudden they became 2-4 million dollar smaller units, that's a guaranteed sale especially at this height. Might as well make some money given all the materials have been bought and paid for.

See, this was my train of thought despite the fact I know nothing about how this stuff works, but lots of indicators saying this isn't the case.

Last edited:
random thought i've never understood the appeal of yonge-bloor. its one of my least favorite places in the city. ugly architecture, lack of greenery, little in terms of interesting shops, the most pretentious people, 🤷‍♂️
Mink Mile was nicer before the 2010s. It really took a nose dive when Pottery Barn closed and the hideous Chic Fil A and Tokyo Smokes opened .

Now Id rather buy around Yonge & St Clair or Bathurst/St Clair or Bathurst/Eglinton.

Last edited:
From today. I woke up to find new hangers installed. Also, I'm not sure what's going on at the sidewalk level. What are those things being installed?

View attachment 569827

Silva Cells. They help prevent compaction of the soil by structurally supporting the sidewalk, and that in turn allows for tree root growth and health, both due to easier to penetrate soil, but also greater access for moisture in the soil.

From today. I woke up to find new hangers installed. Also, I'm not sure what's going on at the sidewalk level. What are those things being installed?

Soil cells. They’re working on getting the sidewalk completed so the hoarding can be removed and the sidewalks can reopen while work continues above.

Back