Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

June 1, 2024:

IMG_2965.jpeg
IMG_2966.jpeg
IMG_2967.jpeg
IMG_2968.jpeg
IMG_2969.jpeg
IMG_2970.jpeg

It would appear that we have completed the pour for the second level of the mechanical floor so we should be seeing them beginning to move mechanical fixtures into place before beginning forming for the next floor then I imagine we will see you pace pick up those sky grid may take abit to get up to speed that we are used to on the lower section

Last edited:
Receiver to List Toronto’s The One for $1.2B

A court-appointed receiver plans to list Toronto’s massive debt-riddled the One condominium development project for $1.2 billion.

Alvarez & Marsal said in a Superior Court of Ontario (Commercial List) court filing that the 85-storey project’s senior secured creditors have required the receiver to set that asking price as a minimum bid threshold. The receiver said it could sell the entire project at this time or arrange for developers or others to complete the development and market the mixed-use tower’s residential units and commercial component.

There could be one transaction of a series of deals completed to achieve at least $1.2 billion in proceeds. The project is nearing the point at which decisions need to be made on existing condominium sales agreements and a hotel development deal that will affect part of the tower, the receiver added.

“Now is the appropriate time to market the project to solicit any and all potential forms of value maximizing transactions or investments that may be available in the market,” said Alvarez and Marsal in the report.

To help maximize the value, Alvarez & Marsal wants to reconfigure the building’s top floors, increasing the unit count to 503 from 415.

The receiver has selected JLL to market the project after selecting five finalists from among companies that submitted proposals. Alvarez & Marsales are preparing a solicitation and investment sales process (SISP) with the goal of securing a successful court-approved bid by October 14.

The recent court filing was the receiver’s second report. The latest plans come after Alvarez and Marsal appointed SKYGRiD Construction as the project’s general contractor and developer. Located at 1 Bloor Street, the 85-storey project is grappling with more than $1.2 billion in debt.

SKYGRiD replaced Sam Mizrahi, a local real estate developer who also co-owns the project.

Alvarez & Marsal plans to conduct the formal marketing and initial due diligence process in July and set a final bid deadline for September 24.

It's been quite a long time since I've been at Yonge and Bloor with my proper camera. Most images from Friday 31st. Bonus image from Riverdale Park.
It was also nice to run in/meet @jer1961! Keep those Friday updates coming 🥰

Z8P_9318.jpg
Z8P_9376.jpg
Z8P_9381.jpg
Z8P_9388.jpg
Z8P_9389.jpg
Z8P_9392.jpg
Z8P_9393.jpg

Last edited:
It would appear that we have completed the pour for the second level of the mechanical floor so we should be seeing them beginning to move mechanical fixtures into place before beginning forming for the next floor then I imagine we will see you pace pick up those sky grid may take abit to get up to speed that we are used to on the lower section
They're still working on the forms for the walls and columns for 58. Once those are poured, the blue platforms should move up and the next set of hangers can be placed, and then yes, the pace should pick up again. The report says they should be at 62 by the end of June...

Additional article in the G&M about the sale:

Didn’t realize that the lenders would just go ahead and complete the project if the sale didn’t go through. If no sale goes through my money is on 85 storeys.

Given they already have the approval for 91 storeys, the most logical business solution would be to build high and chop the bigger units into smaller more affordable units. I can see why the 7-10 million dollar units aren't selling, but if all of a sudden they became 2-4 million dollar smaller units, that's a guaranteed sale especially at this height. Might as well make some money given all the materials have been bought and paid for.

Back