IMG_2949.jpeg
IMG_2950.jpeg
IMG_2951.jpeg

Yonge Side:

IMG_2952.jpeg
IMG_2953.jpeg
IMG_2954.jpeg
IMG_2955.jpeg

The idea of reducing average size of the upper floors from 69 units at 2600 sf to 157 units at 1142 sf seems like a desperate plan.
The buyer for a unit on floor 70 something is likely seeking luxury. Luxury usually entails larger spaces to entertain.
If I were looking to buy, I'd be concerned about the elevator to unit ratio in this new version. I guess they are trying to hit the number of unit size and number to spur sales

What is the cause of your strong feeling?
Just what I have seen from history and looking at these type of mega projects above all whether it be the original builder or the new builder they are above all more than just condo developments they're more vanity projects. there are multiple buildings throughout the world that aren't even 25% occupied but still got finished just so that the person could have the look at me effect people are vein that way

Just what I have seen from history and looking at these type of mega projects above all whether it be the original builder or the new builder they are above all more than just condo developments they're more vanity projects. there are multiple buildings throughout the world that aren't even 25% occupied but still got finished just so that the person could have the look at me effect people are vein that way
Perhaps true for the original developer. Anyone taking this over is just trying to get it finished while minimizing losses (or even squeezing out a modest profit).

Well I really hope your right. I know nothing about the financials of these things, but it doesn't make sense to me they wouldn't want to go as high as they can seeing as it was the height was approved. I realize it's more materials and labor, but I would think getting more units in the end would still be more profitable.

Well I really hope your right. I know nothing about the financials of these things, but it doesn't make sense to me they wouldn't want to go as high as they can seeing as it was the height was approved. I realize it's more materials and labor, but I would think getting more units in the end would still be more profitable.
Yeah unfortunately if you look at the financials of any large project of this scale 90% of them usually go at least 40% over budget and under sell I forget where it is but there is a 400 m tower in the States that was over budget by 3.2 billion dollars and behind schedule by 3 years this project isn't actually an anomaly if anything sky Tower is with the fact that it is actually well planned and budgeting is done appropriately

The frustrating thing about this projects is that this project is one the few condo developments that has both a massive impact on the skyline as well as an architectural vision that's more than grey and blue spandrel galore.

But instead of proving that Toronto is worthy of such mass and architecture, because this project was mis-managed by whoever, this building will end up proving to the naysayers that this is why it's safer to not take a risk in Toronto.

Hopefully Forma and Sky Tower are able to redeem such projects. I don't have much hope in Concord Sky.

Also, just noticed that Concord simply took the name from Sky Tower! Like dude, literally use any other name!!

The frustrating thing about this projects is that this project is one the few condo developments that has both a massive impact on the skyline as well as an architectural vision that's more than grey and blue spandrel galore.

But instead of proving that Toronto is worthy of such mass and architecture, because this project was mis-managed by whoever, this building will end up proving to the naysayers that this is why it's safer to not take a risk in Toronto.

Hopefully Forma and Sky Tower are able to redeem such projects. I don't have much hope in Concord Sky.

Also, just noticed that Concord simply took the name from Sky Tower! Like dude, literally use any other name!!
Well the trouble with this project and the bankruptcy of Cresford does prove to limit your ambition in the Toronto market.
I have my doubts we ever see the taller Forma building as currently design ever be built.

Maybe if we remove the foreign buyer ban and limits to AirBnbs, we may see more ambitious projects get built as designed

Photos taken yesterday, Friday (May 31). Good to meet fellow UT contributor kotsy also taking snaps of 1 Bloor! With all the photos posted here, surprising I don't bump into more UT photographers! Friday, at the top of the tower, the forms are where they were a week ago, with the third mechanical section still being worked on, levels 57 and 58. Read in that report above something about level 62 being the first level that might change depending on if the tower goes to 85 or 91 levels... They are pretty close to that now. The blue corner forms are also where they were last week, at the top of the last-installed hanger section. They can't move up until the next hangers are placed, and that won't happen until the top forms move past the third mechanical section.

Meanwhile, the black Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) are installing the skin of the building rapidly now, moving up multiple floors since last week in some cases. The east, north and west RCSs were at levels 27, 27 and 25 last week, respectively. This week, they are at levels 29, 28 and 27. And as a result we are quickly getting the true look of the tower emerging.

Starting with my usual "time-lapse" Flickr album addition, showing the near-weekly progress of the rise of the tower since October 2020, then to views from the south, Yonge and Alexander, then from around Yonge and Charles. The crane with shadows, and a view of the east face from below. Next, the view from Bloor west of Balmuto in front of Holt Renfrew, and a silhouette shot with 1 Bloor E reflecting. Some near-diagonal views from Cumberland east of Bay, and a set from the NE area of Yonge and Bloor - the airplane passing overhead shot was taken while meeting kotsy. Finally, a shot from Bloor and Bedford, road construction crews on the westbound lanes. Pretty sure the "thumbs-up" was directed at the waiting line of traffic, now clear to pass. Finally, a shot from halfway down Devonshire.

UTIMG_7600.jpg
UTIMG_7341.jpg
UTIMG_7423.jpg
UTIMG_7469.jpg
UTIMG_7478.jpg
UTIMG_7762.jpg
UTIMG_7810.jpg
UTIMG_7659.jpg
UTIMG_7717.jpg
UTIMG_7557.jpg
UTIMG_7631.jpg
UTIMG_7489.jpg
UTIMG_7889.jpg
UTIMG_7922.jpg

Last edited:
There is one storey on the web that the receiver will shortly take steps to post a ‘For Sale’ sign on this development. Have not had a chance to check the web site for the relevant postings in the court documents.

Back