Toronto The Modern | ?m | 17s | Empire | DTAH

Northeast corner of Sherbourne and Richmond. Site of the 101 Gas.com gas station. Noticed core sample drilling going on in recent weeks. Today the gas station is closed and fenced off. I know there were plans for a mid-rise condo a few years back that didn't get off the ground. Anybody know what's going on here?

Maybe the tanks are leaking and they are taking samples?

Thanks for posting that Maestro! Very interesting...

That's a good scale for the block. I wonder if the Harris Institute will ever expand into surrounding buildings...

From one of the locals:

Too bad, 101 gas.com had the cheapest propane!
At 101 they drilled small diameter wells to be used to take water samples on an on going basis. There is an aluminium cap on each well.
Heard that...
* there is .75 Million in the development to improve both sides of Sherbourne
* there will be about a year of soil remediation and sales office before the rest of the tenants i.e. the restaurant and car rental will close
* the architect was Roger du Toit
* the 17 story building will contain over 300 suites

funny how the marketing materials fail to mention the proximity to queen and sherbourne

several lowrise buildings were recently demolished on the NE ocrner of Berkeley & Richmond - anyone know anything on what will replace them?

funny how the marketing materials fail to mention the proximity to queen and sherbourne

I think it's pretty self evident. Besides, they aren't exactly hiding it either...

This property is “market ready” in a revitalizing neighbourhood that is undergoing significant residential and retail development and improvement.

Wow, that could do wonders for that intersection.

The problem is that Centre Honda is no BMW Toronto. It's ugly, has a big surface lot surrounded by chain-link fencing and has a billboard-plastered warehouse building next door that could be put to better use (lofts anyone?). There's basically much better uses for that site that wouldn't necessarily mean a loss of jobs to the city.
Centre Honda might be considered a historical building from the old Grace Motors that was fronted on Queen Street.

Newbie question: Where does one find Spacing?

That Indian place makes fantastic Pakistani style food and its open all night. That is too bad - mind you I'm sure a replacement will pop up somewhere.

Richmond & Sherbourne late 1800's

For those history buffs.

Attachments

• brew1.jpg
    brew1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 415
  • brew.jpg
    brew.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 393

Back