Toronto The Bentway (was Under Gardiner) | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

What should be the permanent name for the park under the Gardiner?

• The Artery

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • The Bentway

Votes: 79 42.5%
  • Under Gardiner

Votes: 52 28.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 43 23.1%

• Total voters
And now begins the needless and futile task of explaining to the world what the heck is a "bent".
Exactly, what a pain.

Get on the ole Twitter, and please tell everyone #DontGetBent as part of your tweet.

"Invasion Garden", "Explosion Garden" haha. Lots of beach/shoreline references as well, sure to confuse those who don't read the plaques explaining the shore moved over time. I have to think whoever is naming these locations is out of touch with the common folk.

Otherwise it's coming together. Street crossings are going to be critical for this space to be useful and the bridge over Fort York Blvd seems pretty cool, did I miss a slide for a Bathurst crossing or have they not done anything with that yet?

Not sure what you mean by "out of touch" unless you're saying that if "the common folk" don't know something yet, anything that might better inform them should be avoided.

Just off the top of my head: naming it Old Shoreline Plaza or something similar would reduce confusion and help educate at the same time.

"Invasion Garden", "Explosion Garden" haha. Lots of beach/shoreline references as well, sure to confuse those who don't read the plaques explaining the shore moved over time. I have to think whoever is naming these locations is out of touch with the common folk.

That's ok, the plaques will end up being Pokestops so people will read them for sure :)

Otherwise it's coming together. Street crossings are going to be critical for this space to be useful and the bridge over Fort York Blvd seems pretty cool, did I miss a slide for a Bathurst crossing or have they not done anything with that yet?

Last I heard, they still hadn't figured that out.

The plans look good. Even if eventually the Gardiner got removed, the arches could be retained and used to support a canopy, such as a giant arbour with hanging vines, such as ivy and clematis. The partial shading would be beautiful down below.

Another additional detail of note from the presentation - the Corten walls of the Fort York Visitor's Centre will be extended to house the Zamboni and potentially a new public washroom:

upload_2016-7-27_19-44-44.png

(p. 24)

upload_2016-7-27_19-45-51.png

(p. 41)

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-27_19-44-44.png
    upload_2016-7-27_19-44-44.png
    948.6 KB · Views: 582
  • upload_2016-7-27_19-45-51.png
    upload_2016-7-27_19-45-51.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 550
And, just for fun, these things all happened:

- Slatted porosity
- Invasion garden
- Explosion garden
- Infiltration area
- Telescopic experience

Don't mean to hate, though; this is really a pretty neat project.

Back