Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

The minority group that claims that the view of the CN tower will be blocked should have there points proven before they their say over the future of the city. otherwise anyone can make false claims and have the ability to change the city skyline. The city should only take factual information and have vote in the neighborhood based only on the factual info. :cool:

Even if that is true, that's absolutely no reason for a development not to proceed. For anyone (living anywhere in the city) to suggest otherwise is completely ludicrous.

I chuckled pretty hard when while standing in the relevant parking lot, the "urban planner" proclaims:
the key part about this area here, every tourist takes his last postcard shot
Yes, I'm certain that parking lot is always packed with a trove of tourists getting the ultimate CN tower shot. The cherry on top is when the camera pans up and you can see the (not yet topped out) Ice Condominium already blocking the view.

Oh and also liked the CBC's screen grab of the Skyline Diagram from Skyscrapperpage.com without any credit mentioned or shown on screen. Real Grade A journalism.

If something is blocking your view - move your chair! Didn't mean to mock the old people, just saying that their little club was hilariously homogenius - I haven't seen anything like it in 30 years.

Hey folks, I'm heading down to the meeting myself and will have something to write about it. Stay tuned!

I am really curious about the arguments that will be presented tonight, but won't be able to get out of work in time to make it. Hopefully someone can provide us a report tomorrow.

If something is blocking your view - move your chair! Didn't mean to mock the old people, just saying that their little club was hilariously homogenius - I haven't seen anything like it in 30 years.

Nonsense. There are homogenous groups everywhere. Check the headlines today about Scarborough! I'd take this group any day of the week.... they probably come with baked goods too!!

It's a shame to see this devolve into an excuse to insult older people. It doesn't really matter what their age is, they are entitled to their self-interest. We just shouldn't expect our city leaders and planners etc to pander to it, is all.

I didn't mean to offend in any way, and wasn't meaning to be insulting towards older people or elderly. I have a lot of respect for my elders. I just find that very often it's older or retired people who have the available time to work to prevent projects in their nbhd's.

Won't it also ruin their view of the expressway?

I love how CBC will rush to cover any local news provided a) someone phones them and gives them the idea and, b) it's within a 5 minute drive of their broadcast centre.

LOL so true

So it is down to 68s - confirmed by an architect from Wallman's office at the meeting tonight. I think the new proposal looks better than the older one, there's a more unified design intent and better sense of verticality. Several forum members were in attendance so a story with images is surely in the works.

Nonsense. There are homogenous groups everywhere. Check the headlines today about Scarborough! I'd take this group any day of the week.... they probably come with baked goods too!!

24 people distributed as follows:

- 17 female
- 21 white
- 21 ages 55 to 65
- 17 are all of the above!

I was merely saying they don't seem to represent a diverse group, certainly not the people I see living on the Waterfront.

this has to be the most ludicrous example of misplaced NIMBYism in recent times. If there was ever a site which cried out for unimpeded height, this is it...

What bugs me is that these small, alarmist groups are able to get attention, way in excess of what is merited...

There will always be these groups. I was sitting with Craig (interchange) at the Eau du Soleil meeting, and a large stink was raised about birds flying into the buildings.. Birds!

The whole crowd roared in agreement as well.. Completely took me by surprise.. Birds!

Maybe we can convince these ninnies that Ten York will prevent birds from flying into the CN Tower....lol...:rolleyes:

Of course, one of the bigger stinks was the perceived height of the two towers.. 65 floors was considered 'outrageous' at HBS. I calmly explained to the crowd that as a pedestrian, you will hardly notice the difference between 55 (tallest approved tower at HBS) and 65 stories. Then I was met with a barrage of 'but the birds will notice'. I thought I was part of a Monty Python skit for a while..

Back