Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

That lot is supposed to be offices. A few years back there was a bit of a situation as people who live across the street found out that they would lose their views some day.

My office did a master plan for the central waterfront about 5 years ago, and it included offices on that site up to and including where the off-ramp exists. They were to address the corner of York / Queens Quay in a similar fashion to the buildings at 8 York Street.

Who runs/owns those two green painted roof office buildings that have been there for a quite a while, also wondering what is that lot just west of those two buildings zoned for, it would be nice to see another similar office building built on that location.

Those are Water Park Place, not to be confused with Water Park City, at 10 and 20 Bay Street. Emporis, UrbanDB. Developing that parking lot would be a big boost to Queens Quay and help counteract the Harbour Square area.

October 10 Picture

Not much to report here since most of the exterior has been done for a while, but they are extending the brick paving and concrete maple leaves all around the building now:

3998778235_ab8274beef_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41002894@N07/3998778235/in/set-72157622433202007

I don't hate the painted maple leaves in front of the ACC, but I hope they do not paint them here as well. Restricting the paint to the ones in front of the building where one would watch them play seems reasonable to me.

I don't hate the painted maple leaves in front of the ACC, but I hope they do not paint them here as well. Restricting the paint to the ones in front of the building where one would watch them play seems reasonable to me.

I really don't think the painted ones are permanent.

Were they actually chalked - as opposed to being painted?

Were they actually chalked - as opposed to being painted?

Its definitely paint, but only a few are actually painted. The leaves are not the same as the ones used in the Leaf logo, making me think they just took advantage of the opportunity to paint a few for the start of the season. Hopefully they used a paint that dissappears 100% over time, otherwise they may need to keep repainting these year after year to maintain their appearance.

October 14 2009 update

View of Telus today from the top floor of the Royal York Hotel
Click to Enlarge

Looks great.

Too bad about the sad state of the Union roof. I haven't been keeping up with the plans for Union Station, but hopefully they'll replace it with all glass, or similar for that European feel.

Jarrek:

The central portion will get a rectangular glass box; the rest will get a huge green roof - see the Union Station threads in Transportation for renderings, etc.

AoD

Looks great.

Too bad about the sad state of the Union roof. I haven't been keeping up with the plans for Union Station, but hopefully they'll replace it with all glass, or similar for that European feel.
The whole roof is being redone, but only a portion of it will be glass.

Back