Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

granted. but tokyo's elevated highways aren't dull concrete and have neon lights underneath them. not to mention...it's tokyo! they're already beautiful and developed.

They were taking down the scaffolding from the base of the tower today, and the finished result looks great. Really clean lines, and I love the contrast between the black horizontal panels and the off-white vertical column covers. I think it's going to be a winner at ground level.

In somewhat unrelated but nevertheless exciting news, people have reported seeing Telus/Bell's GSM network when doing a network scan on their GSM phones! Hopefully it will be up and running by this summer and some customers will flow to Telus from the evil Rogers empire.

Just to clarify it's a 3G/WCDMA/UMTS network we've been finding. Only 3G (not GSM-only) phones can find it. But yes, it's 302-640, which is Bell. People have also found 302-221, I'm not sure what that is.

FEB9-09015.jpg

^ Ditto

From that perspective, it shows Telus will still be seen quite clearly from the angled south side, which is good as I thought the MLS development will block Telus.

February 15 2009 update

Northwest View - Success1 & MLS north tower to the right
IMG_3384.jpg

Last edited:
not sure where the best place to post these was, but noticed Telus had fallen off page 1 of P+C, so... you can see the impact Telus is having in the closer zoom.

found these in the Porter Airlines thread over on SSC, posted by Pinkie.

3293273945_54079aab05_o.jpg

3293273841_f99c2be5f1_o.jpg

Telus looks totally lost in those shots - the only thing that really has much impact in those two is the SkyDome.

Back