Toronto Tableau Condominiums | 124.05m | 36s | Urban Capital | Wallman Architects

I do the same thing, love watching the demolition and excavation. on my drive home i seen this demo company at pears on the avenue and they got a huge sign on the 427. Anyone know what is going on that site?

Just a general comment -- if you think it's crazy now, just wait until all the projects in the "proposal" stage get started. There are several times as many proposed towers as there currently are under construction in the area. The ED truly will be one vast construction zone in a few years.

Just a general comment -- if you think it's crazy now, just wait until all the projects in the "proposal" stage get started. There are several times as many proposed towers as there currently are under construction in the area. The ED truly will be one vast construction zone in a few years.

Madness in the ED and everywhere else...according to SSC, in Toronto there are....... 40 towers 400ft.+ under construction, and 56 more 400ft.+ on the proposed list. No wonder in these hard times, everyone around the world are freaking-out on whats going on here.

Pics taken Feb 28, 2012

dNw7V.jpg

OXX1w.jpg

Looking over this project again, it really exemplifies the worst of anti-urban, sterile modernism. The recessed concrete plaza under the looming tower reminds me of failed brutalist attempts to create "open and inviting public space" under the overhang of buildings like Boston City Hall. This building might be a reasonably decent Toronto condo building (though it's hardly great architecture) but it certainly adds nothing to the neighbourhood. The demolished buildings, while not works of architecture themselves, were infinitely adaptable, provided a genuine mix of uses, and helped to animate the street.

I just checkout Progreen's website and they do most of the demos downtown.They probale are making good money but talking to some of their foremans it does not sound like an easy job. It sure is something to see the way they dismantle this building.

I assumed the facade was going to be carefully disassembled are re-integrated into the new building, but when I walked past today a high-reach excavator was hacking away at it with very little precision. How much original facade is being kept?

Back