Toronto Tableau Condominiums | 124.05m | 36s | Urban Capital | Wallman Architects

I was just walking past the site, looking at the rendering. I can't imagine walking under that thing. It's as if people still think Boston City Hall provides open and inviting public space. The only thing conceivably redeeming would be some kind of restaurant patio under there, though I doubt it would provide much weather protection. An interesting engineering achievement and good-looking interiors, though. I'm glad that they're trying for good design, but they need to do a re-think.

May 21. This project will be a nice fit for this corner considering what there now.
5745796872_d34e6c3fb4_b.jpg

5745249441_1198e1ff0a_b.jpg

5745804696_c452b61746_b.jpg

I can't believe how some boost Adam as being the perfect example of a downtown-centric councillor when his entire platform revolved around suburbanizing the entertainment district.

Suburbanizing the entertainment district with taller buildings, no at grade parking, buildings flush with the sidewalks, thin four lane or less streets, and no retail power centres? What part of suburbia are you referring to?

R.I.P. System Soundbar. Boy did we have some fun times in the early 2000's...

Heck yes. Especially after they replaced the awful stereo system around 2003ish. My first visit there a few years earlier gave me such bad tinnitus that I started wearing small earplugs every time I went. Great DJs, though.

I can't believe how some boost Adam as being the perfect example of a downtown-centric councillor when his entire platform revolved around suburbanizing the entertainment district.

I can't believe how you would think this area is suburban. Then again, I can't believe how you would blame Vaughan for what developers are building. Last time I checked, city councillors aren't dictators and don't possess special powers to stop development.

If you have an issue with the proposal, take it up with the developer. And in advance, good luck getting what you want in that department.

My wish for 2011 on UrbanToronto is that all of the people who continuously lament the inevitable and unpreventable conversion of a monolithic vomitorium into a mixed-use neighbourhood will eventually redirect their energies to other, more positive pursuits.

My wish for 2011 on UrbanToronto is that all of the people who continuously lament the inevitable and unpreventable conversion of a monolithic vomitorium into a mixed-use neighbourhood will eventually redirect their energies to other, more positive pursuits.

Sorry, but how, pray tell, is this to become a mixed-use neighbourhood? Every single project is a condo. Or do you count the two shops in the lobby as "mixed-use"?

Last edited:
Sorry, but how, pray tell, is this to become a mixed-use neighbourhood? Every single project is a condo. Or do you count the two shops in the lobby as "mixed-use"?

Not getting into this boring argument! There are plenty of entertainment uses that will remain in the area - the theatres, Skydome, TIFF, Roy Thomson Hall, the restaurants, the NFB, Queen West, etc. And they're building an office tower kitty-corner to Tableau! And look, instead of it being an entirely commercial area, people will now live here (legally), too! In buildings that feature something that doesn't really exist in the area - non-entertainment retail uses - at the base! Mixed-use: QED.

Back to Tableau: I still love that podium! Can't wait to see it being built.

Back