Toronto Tableau Condominiums | 124.05m | 36s | Urban Capital | Wallman Architects

Not sure if this rendering has been posted:

5512368310_31165f8ddf_o.png

I place it in the "not particularly great, but thank Jebus it's not a green glass box" category. The tower portion is actually quite nice, but the base... I don't know what the heck is going on there.

I place it in the "not particularly great but ... " category

I concur with your assessment ... but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this will not be yet another green glass box ~

New rendering probably meets city's requirements for setbacks, here's the latest from city dev ap site: http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/searchPlanningAppSetup.do?action=init

117 PETER ST
Site Plan Approval 11 143413 STE 20 SA Ward 20
- Tor & E.York Mar 11, 2011 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
The revised application proposes a 36-storey mixed use building containing retail and office use in 4-storey podium and a 32-storey residential tower, 223 parking spaces are proposed underground (5levels below grade) - 410 residential units -

Okay - you like renderings?

Buckle up.

No new Toronto building we can think of has had so much attention paid to the way it will meet the street, rendering-wise, as Tableau has.

Let's start with a larger version of the rendering that Mike in TO posted above (and inadvertently triggered the avalanche below - thanks for the nudge Mike!)

TableauMidView750.jpg

We'll get closer to the corner of Richmond and Peter...

TableauCorner750.jpg

And zero in on the lower floors of the building. While the fourth floor is shown with office furniture behind the windows, this area will actually house the indoor amenities area for Tableau residents.

TableauLowerFloors750.jpg

Floors two and three will have 25,000 square feet of commercial space, accessed via a Peter Street lobby in the heritage facade.

TableauCommercial750.jpg

The table-like transfer slab floor allows for the retention on the heritage facade on the west, while providing a sheltered public plaza which widens toward the east.

TableauHeritage750.jpg

The east end of the sheltered plaza will feature Shayne Dark's monumental "Nova", which will rise five storeys, poking through an opening in the plaza's roof.

TableauNovaStreet750.jpg

The same, seen from a more westerly vantage point.

TableauRichmondDetail750.jpg

Let's back out a bit.

TableauRichmond750.jpg

Claude Cormier Paysagiste of Montreal, designer of Sugar Beach and HTO on the Weaterfront, is responsible for the landscaping of the sheltered plaza, as well as the plaza on the north side of Richmond.

TableauPlaza750.jpg

The same, in detail, closer to Nova again.

TableauPlazaDetail750.jpg

Here is Nova as it pokes through the roof deck outdoor amenity area.

TableauNovaDeck750.jpg

And here is a fuller look at the fifth floor roof deck.

TableauDeck750.jpg

This plan shows you how the fifth floor will be arranged, with common areas in green.

TableauFifthFloorMap750.jpg

Notice the "Open to Below" text? Here's what that staircase which links the fifth and fourth floor amenities will look. Wow.

TableauIntStair750.jpg

We'll zero in on that seating area. We're not having a hard time picturing ourselves here.

TableauSeating750.jpg

Here are how the fourth floor amenities are arranged.

TableauFourthFloorMap750.jpg

We'll end our visit by moving down to the lobby,

TableauLobbyDetail750.jpg

and back away from it,

TableauLobby750.jpg

with a look back at the plaza from across the street,

TableauIntersection750.jpg

and finish with a look at the whole building.

TableauTower750.jpg

Quite the tour, but our appetite has merely been whetted. Something we still want? A view from the east, looking at Shayne Dark's Nova and the public plaza as you approach Peter Street. Are you listening Gods of Renderworld (and you know who you are)? Thanks for the pics - so far!

Last edited:
love this design! the sheltered plaza is a great idea and those large black columns have a certain Mies van der Rohe element to them. The first thing it reminds me of is the TD Centre, and X condos. The rock sculpted plaza across the street if a great touch as well. Walked through Sugar Beach earlier today and was thinking how it would be really cool to see similar landscaping in other parts of the city...they read my mind :p haha.

Its modern looking on the exterior but the Floorplans dimensions are tight, especially the bedrooms. Also when is Gramercy Park going to get built first?

Love all the granite outcroppings popping up around town. Dundas Square would be the perfet place for another one of these.

The chunky platform nearly evokes the Metropolis treatment of the Ryerson parking garage and book store building, but they've handled it with elegance. I'm sure it'll turn out great.

Are there actually plans to install a huge boulder and trees outside the Assessment & Referral Centre? Will that be funded by fees from this project? Or is it rendering fantasy?

Last edited:
The square across the street is being landscaped by Claude Cormier Paysagistes, who is also landscaping Tableau's site, so I am assuming that the trees and boulder in the renderings are coming from an informed source!

Back