Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

In the first picture by Jasonzed, you really get a good visual of the 10 York site with 1 York's hoarding dividing the properties. Wow that is one tight wedge. Its hard to believe a building will be squeezed between the Gardiner and the off ramp. Its seems like such an unpleasant place to build/live. It will be one hell of drive through there though once all of the projects are done. A massive canyon!

Last edited:
In the first picture by Jasonzed, you really get a good visual of the 10 York site with 1 York's hoarding dividing the properties. Wow that is one tight wedge. Its hard to believe a building will be squeezed between the Gardiner and the off ramp. Its seems like such an unpleasant place to build/live. It will be one hell of drive through there though once all of the projects are done. A massive canyon!

You are right, it is pretty tight, however I do believe that the off-ramp will be torn down. Could be wrong though.

The off-ramp is going away, but the the building across is isn't.

I think this building will surprise once it's done. There's something impressive about building such a tall structure from a nothing piece of land.

Like the Backstage on Esplanade, such a small piece of land. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

property line

8427486977_ff3fd9152d.jpg

shoring at the property line with 60 Harbour

8428575752_3eeffdb49e.jpg

photo from 60 Harbour

8427486131_5e7e83a302.jpg

Sandbox

Tilt-shift version of a photo taken by SkyJacked on Friday from L Tower crane:

8442337571_aee52f3add_h.jpg

Stupid question, but how do you make the picture look like a toy model? Amazing shot, and with the effects, I wanna play with the trucks! :p

It can be done with a fancy tilt-shift lens (which are generally expensive as all hell) but Udo is doing it by increasing the saturation and adding blurs to the areas you want out of focus in photoshop

Tilt-shift version of a photo taken by SkyJacked on Friday from L Tower crane:

8442337571_aee52f3add_h.jpg

I actually love these kinds of shots; because with the fuziness making the frame of this picture, it gives off the look and impression that this is a miniature scale model of the real deal :p

Please find attached our Q4'12 Toronto Office Market Report.

SUMMARY: The Financial Core vacancy rate decreased from 5.1% to 4.6% (quarter-over-quarter).

The current trend is migration to the financial core and flight-to-quality (i.e. tenants moving from Class “B” to Class “A” buildings). Most recently, Zurich leased 90,000 SF at First Canadian Place (moving from 400 University), and Laurentian Bank leased 160,000 SF at Commerce Court West (moving from 1 Toronto Street, College Park and 130 Adelaide Street West).
Commerce Court West has experienced a dramatic turnaround. Ten months ago, 20 floors were available for lease. All floors have since been leased or are under option. Notable transactions included Laurentian Bank, Chubb, Equinox and Inmet Mining.
Eight new office towers are currently under construction or redevelopment downtown (i.e. south of Bloor). The most recent announcements are: 1 York Street (to be anchored by HOOPP - 132,000 SF) and 100 Adelaide Street West (Ernst & Young – 225,000 SF).
The new office buildings will total 5.6M SF and will add 10% to the existing downtown stock. The completion dates range from 2014 – 2017.
I hope you find these reports useful and invite you to contact me if you have any further questions. If you do not wish to receive future editions of this quarterly report please email your request to...

Terrific news, while these new condo towers are filling up our skyline are magnificent, it's nice to see the office towers surging forward as well, it shows not only a strong construction industry, but a strong and growing financial one as well, hope it just keeps growing! ;)

Back