Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Low quality pic, but you can see they are making quick work of the first round of tiebacks.

WP_20130313_001.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20130313_001.jpg
    WP_20130313_001.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,312
I have it from a very reliable source that they are simply digging down the five floors, cleaning up any contamination before then reclaiming fill from the Leslie Street Spit and filling the hole back up again. Trust me guys and girls.

Last edited:
I have it from a very reliable source that they are simply digging down the five floors, cleaning up any contamination before then reclaiming fill from the Leslie Street Spit and filling the hole back up again. Trust me guys and girls.

For the residential component maybe, but the office tower is going ahead. Hopefully the residential part will be redesigned a lot before it's re-launched. I think the existing condo proposal is underwhelming, to say the least.

** Edit - Ah, just decoded the bold-type! haha. **

Last edited:
Funny, Funny, but yes that joke is getting old.

They are doing full on shoring on the residential site. What I see happening is the full podium proceeding which Menkes might use as a condo sales centre if they haven't sold the required units out of the temporary store they can set up at Telus House or mobile Tent before that time arrives.

Just to chime in;

The office and retail portion are *officially* under construction ... nothing to speculate about here.

No clue about the residential.

Title description needs to be changed

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 144750 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Apr 9, 2013

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct 3 towers (1-33 sty office tower on west side of property, 1-64 sty residential tower centrally located on property, and 1-68 sty residential tower on east side of property) on 3 & 5 sty podiums, 1220 residential units, connection to PATH, and 4 levels of below grade parking. See active Shoring Permit 12 283251.

Great news that they're going ahead with the residential units (does anyone know how many of them are still available?), but why did the office floor count change? UT doesn't count mechanical either, do they?

Hmm. Gotta make some calls tomorrow…

Great news that they're going ahead with the residential units (does anyone know how many of them are still available?), but why did the office floor count change? UT doesn't count mechanical either, do they?

They haven't started selling the condos yet, but will very soon.

Back