Toronto Sugar Wharf Condominiums (Phase 1) | 231m | 70s | Menkes | a—A

About a floor at week is a fairly good pace on a tall point tower, longer on podium floors. It's possible to do a bit better and easy to take significantly longer depending on if using a concrete pump as opposed to a bucket, floor plate regularity and size, forming type used, time of year, number of workers and of course materials used.
Ahh got it, thanks for explaining. I heard this building is supposed to be connected to Union as well, does that mean the PATH is going to be expanded as well in the near future? I know everyone's been saying the building's been delayed but it looks like it's still on track to go be "done enough to move in" by spring next year right? I'm making a purely uneducated guess here.

Ahh got it, thanks for explaining. I heard this building is supposed to be connected to Union as well, does that mean the PATH is going to be expanded as well in the near future?

It's going to be a series of enclosed bridges poking out from the east side of CIBC Square (Phase 1) across Yonge St., then going south underneath the Gardiner to One Yonge (Phase 3), and then from One Yonge across Freeland St. to Sugar Wharf (and then south to 100 Queens Quay via an underground tunnel below the future Harbour St. extension).

It's really more of a "connection" than an "expansion".

Saturday:
20211005_100022.jpg

I heard this building is supposed to be connected to Union as well, does that mean the PATH is going to be expanded as well in the near future? I know everyone's been saying the building's been delayed but it looks like it's still on track to go be "done enough to move in" by spring next year right? I'm making a purely uneducated guess here.
It's going to be a series of enclosed bridges poking out from the east side of CIBC Square (Phase 1) across Yonge St., then going south underneath the Gardiner to One Yonge (Phase 3), and then from One Yonge across Freeland St. to Sugar Wharf (and then south to 100 Queens Quay via an underground tunnel below the future Harbour St. extension).

It's really more of a "connection" than an "expansion".
…and because there are un-started projects between Union and Sugar Wharf, it'll be years and years and years before the PATH connection is completed.

It'd be great if one of those glass curtain condos were red or gold, just to mix things up.
Agreed, but IIRC the problem is that coloured glass isn't great for the colour of light coming through it due to it absorbing specific wavelengths of light as they pass through. So you end up with a non-neutral colour coming through on the other side. Which hypothetically makes it less appealing to a section of potential buyers, which is probably why we see nothing but blue and monochrome glass these days.

Ahh got it, thanks for explaining. I heard this building is supposed to be connected to Union as well, does that mean the PATH is going to be expanded as well in the near future? I know everyone's been saying the building's been delayed but it looks like it's still on track to go be "done enough to move in" by spring next year right? I'm making a purely uneducated guess here.
I also wonder when this building is ready to move in. Personally the later, the better. The other day, an real estate agent posted leftover units saying the PATH will be completed by the time these condos are completed. Now I know the agent is TOTALLY wrong about the PATH

SE Tower F working on 39/45 of 65+++
NW Tower G working on 30/32 of 70+++
~4 floors after 4 weeks from Sept 17 if you are keeping track at home.
Guessing topping out in 20 & 40 weeks + a few extra weeks for the mechanical levels, higher elevation and weather?
Say Oct 2022?

Oct 12
5AECE79E-4553-4FB5-AE39-1AAE6BF44842.jpeg

Oct 13
A72595FD-39BE-450C-BAC6-FDCB3CC7F780.jpeg

Oct 15
9AC87171-45D8-43CC-986B-1BBD71A4550A.jpeg

DFF82882-297B-4D47-917B-4556DDED16AF.jpeg

9E6BDB4F-338A-4BE2-970F-BAEB368FDE4A.jpeg

E2C8EC7C-7B5C-4DAB-91C0-BCC6A2B3DE41.jpeg

Back