Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Is there a model of the final trump outcome? I know this one (above) is what it was suppose to be originally. is there only those renders, drawings? (Of what they ended up with)

The light was on today and it was a very dul, purplish colour. I think it might not have been on full strength because it looked very muted and the colour wasn't appealing at all. I can't believe they would intentionally choose that ugly colour.

How do you explain the enormous progress on the Shangri La site over the same period?
Totally different situation. Shangri-La is composed of typical floorplates for the vast majority of the tower, which makes the structural construction proceed that must faster. The floorplates at Trump kept changing, and none of the crews really had the chance to get into the same rhythm as those at Shangri-La. There were only a few 'typical' sections at Trump, and they never lasted more than a dozen or so floors. This actually makes a gigantic difference in the progress of construction. In comparison, the construction of Shangri-La is actually far, far easier than the construction of Trump. They have an easier structure to construct, and a larger site, which gave them the logistical edge over Trump.

The weather conditions are also totally different. Trump, being in the center of the CBD, and surrounded by towers, actually experiences far worse wind conditions than at Shangri-La. This is especially true for those working on the lighting feature, as they are essentially working in a wind tunnel.

For the progress of the curtainwall, the frames at Shangri-La are a lot lighter than many of the ones at Trump (because of taller floors, granite panels, etc.), which means that they can be installed faster.

Last edited:
I must say its quite Impressive Inspite of all the negative press. There's nothing like it in the city. That's for sure.

Still shot from a timelapse im working on. From University and Adelaide:
wZQIl.jpg

Last edited:
Does not understand why people hate the purplish color on this I think it's going to look just amazing when all the way up better then green or any other color. White though may work if a bright white. Just my opinion. Great photo someMidTowner!

I was told today the "Sky Patio" on the 31st floor will be opening at the end of July

Back