Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

They city doesn't own the PATH. The owner of the buildings do. If they don't want to pay for a connection, they don't have to have one.

It's a convenience feature that has become a symbol of downtown Toronto that many cities look up to. I don't care who owns it. The city also mandates the installation of art features on properties and they own neither of the two.

Two "Epic"s and a "Beast" in a single post. That may even be a record for you Steve! ;)

lol ... that was a me moment

and ya, a PATH connection isn't completely necessary, even closer than Scotia Plaza, is Bay Adelaide, which is literally across the street. if you run across, you can make it to shelter in less than 5 seconds. the rain won't kill you.

BTW, on a side note/unrelated note, there was a viral marketing campaign for The Dark Knight Rises last week, where little bat symbols were posted in locations across the globe, users were asked to take photos of these symbols and send them in...

Trump Tower was one of the locations for Toronto. so i'm guessing there were some bat stickers on the building somewhere,

Dexia's pretty lumpen, though, and the blue stripe is an attempt to liven it up. The podium's massively out of scale to the tower.

Colour vs Black & White:

7167438592_d4162677dd_z.jpg

7173931178_8205f7cdf9_z.jpg

7173919196_e69bcd34d6_z.jpg

awesome pics ^ Trump always looks good from the TD centre.

oh man, Trump does look a bit overpowered by Scotia from this angle, if only it were a little bit taller (even 3 floors taller) it woulda looked a bit cooler

and WOW. if Bay Adelaide wasn't in front of Trump, this thing would be visible from EVERYWHERE north of it.

the height drop off is intense.

I think overall this is definitely a positive addition to our city. Luxury condos, a restaurant, banquet spaces, and a posh hotel (one of the nicest in the city) is obviously a great addition! The building is not amazing, but its not ugly.

I think when they completely finish it will look a lot better.

The Russian oligarch who owns the place doesn't seem terribly concerned about it.

Again, someone not all that familiar with the PATH system. Those who don't actually work/live here often don't get it--they see it as a curiosity, not a utility. I'm guessing that if Trump is ever hooked up to the PATH, it will be due to demand from the condo owners.

And rain isn't the issue. It's winter. The PATH allows you to navigate the CBD without a coat, which is damned civilized.

Perhaps they assume that those at the Trump wouldn't be mixing with the hoi polloi and/or taking limos everywhere.

Again, someone not all that familiar with the PATH system. Those who don't actually work/live here often don't get it--they see it as a curiosity, not a utility. I'm guessing that if Trump is ever hooked up to the PATH, it will be due to demand from the condo owners.

And rain isn't the issue. It's winter. The PATH allows you to navigate the CBD without a coat, which is damned civilized.

Perhaps they assume that those at the Trump wouldn't be mixing with the hoi polloi and/or taking limos everywhere.

Even if you take a limo you'd need a coat...

May 11
The best shot I have got so far from Don Mills and wondering if I would had got a better shot if was there at least 2 hours or more sooner?
7189265200_f855869b59_b.jpg

7189198726_8039c0c9fd_b.jpg

7189244452_408aa3eb54_b.jpg

Back