Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

HOLY COW that crane is tall!

I'm hoping one of our regular posters, let's call him spiderman, manages to get a shot from the top of that crane but I imagine security must be really tight there.

I actually prefer/will prefer Trump from this view over Shangr-la (aka. from the east side of the core Yonge/Church/Jarvis, I prefer Trump), but from University, I dig Shangri-la if that makes any sense.

Shangri-la still has about 15 floors yet to go....

Shangri-la still has about 15 floors yet to go....

right, but from here, it's just another glass skyscraper, whereas from University.... BAM!
Trump's onion dome could very be as recognizable as a new Toronto beacon, just because there's nothing quite like it.... kinda like a Chrysler Building in the distance at night, where you spot it out instantly.

Honestly, this is a very boring time for construction at Trump. Since these floors are so complex, we get about a floor a month.... I don't even get up close to update anymore, because the photos would basically look identical to eachother, even a few weeks apart (aside from some cladding).
Anyway. this one taken a few min. ago:

5991137836_aa14e6d03b_b.jpg

If I remember correctly, I think wopchop said October

I know that there was initially talks of a PATH connection, but I've never seen one at work. It may just be closed off during construction (even to us at work), or it may not even exist. I'm not sure.

The onion dome itself won't be until around that time, yes, but the base (think, foundation) for it will start arriving next week and installation soon thereafter. This won't be very visible from street level for a long time, though.

Thanks! I hope there ends up being a PATH connection! Never thought about it before now. I love the B-A Ctr's PATH, so I'm assuming (hoping) a Trump section would be just as fancy.

I don't get how a PATH connection would even work at Trump. There's nothing on the B1 level except for loading docks and mechanical. All they could really do is have a set of stairs or an elevator leading up to the driveway.

wopchop, do you know if the steel is going to be strictly for the curved part of the onion dome, or will there be a level or two of straight up columns being erected first?

I just realized i forgot a floor (for the millionth time i've done a line sketch of Trump's upper portion)! :mad: oh well... so yeah, the roof height will be much taller than i had drawn.

and for WopChop: In the red circle i highlighted, i noticed that particular section of that floor as a slight "hump" in it... why is that?

5995991766_58f9fb1f95_z.jpg

5995433463_4773c2eb1b_z.jpg

Back