Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Although I am personally dubious of a giant LED barber pole in the heart of the financial district... Rest assured it will be lit up from the ground to the very tip nearly or 900 feet of it! And from what wopchop has said, there are T-shaped horizontal strips of LED's every other level as well. God help us all, this better be tastefully done.

Pic taken July 27, 2011

yf0lS.jpg

Very nice!!!
i dig it. a nice touch a building centered around the intersection.
just like the renders!:

trumprenderingzeidlerjf1.jpg

Ah ok, Thanks Guys! Appreciate that! You know how impatient some of us can be about just waiting and seeing. I think once the spire is completed, with lighting and "T", "Lightnig Rod, Thing" And Top portion completed and cladded And the big T logo. all these will set the building to be absoluty stunning. And be a great addition to the cities skyline. (oh and fix the parts that are missing on some of the cladding and windows) but another question comes to mind... Are they ever gonna change those mitch-match windows along the spire part mid way on the west side? Sorry for that repeat question regarding lighting and now this. I noticed it was discussed a few back.

wopchop,

You are so amazingly quick with the responses. Thank you! I learn new things everyday on here, and really appreciate you for being so informative and quick to not only my self but others on here. throughout all the forums. And I think im out of questions now on "Trump International Hotel and Tower! (But who knows, im full of questions) But thanks again, you have been so very helpful!

There is a canopy over the entrance to the hotel, that is what I believe you are seeing, there is a second awning level with Scotia Plaza's court yard awning.

I'd have to see it in person or see a wider angle shot to be sure but that unfinished horizontal strip above the second floor looks like it is where the anchor cables for the 2 lower (first floor) awnings connect into. The larger awnings go in above the 4th floor according to the render which is out of the frame of that photo. We can also see the 'T' detailing that wopchop is referring to on alternating floors going up the corner in the render.

Trump's crane was moved up significantly this afternoon, presumably for the last time. If I read back correctly there are two levels yet to go before top-off?

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Trump's crane was moved up significantly this afternoon, presumably for the last time. If I read back correctly there are two levels yet to go before top-off?

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

HOLY COW that crane is tall!

This is the LAST full residential floor, and i believe the Master Bedroom floor is next, followed by the Mechanical box which is the equivalent height of about 2 floors.
I actually prefer/will prefer Trump from this view over Shangr-la (aka. from the east side of the core Yonge/Church/Jarvis, I prefer Trump), but from University, I dig Shangri-la if that makes any sense.

And Trump Chicago looks good night and day... as for this tower, i think it looks best in the morning hours and in the evening where lighting i darker....

Back