Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

This is way off topic, but this area needs to form a local BIA and clean up or replace the street light poles. Maybe increase the width of the sidewalk on the south while they're at it

Totally agree, but doesn't the Entertainment District BIA cover this stretch of King St W?

TIFF Lightbox has made this an amazing stretch of the city and the John St. revitalization and several new condos will really make this part of the city a destination.

From this afternoon...seems like Trump belongs on Bay.:cool:

July252011072.jpg

And also looking nice and tall from NPS:cool:

July252011055.jpg

Last edited:
We don't apply that principle to the building themselves while their being built

That's because we've all seen the renderings and the models and can tell, with sinking hearts, where we're headed.

I'd suggest that the mosaic may turn out to be the most engaging thing on the site.

From this afternoon...seems like Trump belongs on Bay.:cool:

July252011072.jpg

off the hook photo Automation! one thing i love about this tower, is how it looks from Bay/Adelaide, the way the corner piece goes up into infinity, and will only get 10x better with the onion dome + spire!.... Bay/Adelaide just pulled a Manhattan, sheesh!

Since I work for the curtain wall sub, I feel the need to comment.

Far East simply won the bid. Plain and simple. There are tons and tons of curtain wall fabricators in the United States and Canada. It has nothing to do with not being able to find a local product. Sota Glazing (out of Brampton) does tons and tons of buildings in the GTA. Far East has only done two (to my knowledge), which would be Shangri-La and Trump Tower. Actually, I haven't worked on another project with a chinese curtainwall supplier before.

You folks are correct, my memory of Trump's conversation re: curtain wall was wrong. He talks about competition and currency manipulation which is why he buys from them, not that curtain wall isn't made in N. America. I stand corrected. Here's a link, he speaks of it at the 6 minute mark - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCa3phC4Hjw

when can we expect to see the white side strip start go up the north west corner? (i am guessing once the top in fully constructed so they can do it all at once!?)

How does the curtain wall get here? Boat to Vancouver and train the rest of the way?

Yeah. It comes by ship to Vancouver, then is transferred to a train. After arriving at the CN Intermodal facility, it gets trucked down to our yard in the Portlands, and we then arrange to have it shipped to site when we're ready to hoist it up onto a floor.

Last edited:
July 27, 2011

trump072711.jpg

Please someone say it is cause it would only make sense to light up a feature like this. (though durring the daythis stripping will look awsome. but personally i think it would look amazing to have it lit up the entire waay with LED lighting in it). though im betting its not lit at all. no render seems to show this. only the top being illuminated (the dome)

Back